cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

The "19th November" Problem

Dear Forum Members

Here is an email received from Now TV explaining the problem that occurred on 19th November:

Hi,

Ref: 01572267

Thanks for your recent contact with NOW TV

We’re really sorry for the issue you experienced whilst using your NOW TV Box on Saturday 19th November*. This was due to a technical fault and we really hope it didn’t cause too much trouble. Good news is the incident has now been completely resolved and you can keep on watching as usual.

The NOW TV Team

* Amended "October".

First, the problem for me actually started on the afternoon of 18th.

Second, when visiting this forum early Saturday morning, there was a notice asking for volunteers to help test a new (box) update, that notice has since been taken down.

This to me indicates that the "tech fault" was possibly the accidentally release of an untested update, however there was also an Internet rumor that Now TV was under cyber-attack.

Still, everything is now back to normal, all sweetness and light, thanks to that emergency update Now TV quickly released.

Peace.

UK Bob

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I got same message. How is your new box from Amazon you mentioned in previous thread?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4268

The brand new black box arrived on Sunday, just as Amazon promised, and all I've done is put it in a cupboard for later use (or as a Christmas present).

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

I thought you had to return the other?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi again 4268

Well, originally yes, I had planned to return my original black box and agreed with Amazon for a replacement to be sent to me the following day (Sunday) and my original collected on Monday. However, when it became clear that my black box was not faulty but was suffering from an unapproved/untested Now TV update I contacted Amazon again and made a new arrangement.

Since neither Amazon or my box was at fault, and I did jump the gun a bit, I thought rather than cause any further problems myself I agreed with Amazon that I would accept delivery of the new box and pay for it, i.e. keep it as a spare. And since my original box was now working perfectly again I decided to leave it in place (and play some music). 

Plus, Amazon sold me my spare box at a reduced price, so now I have two black boxes.

UK Bob