I thought we was to have for the footie kickoff which is in a few days

Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Tell you what i find crazy - retailers sell 2 months moves vouchers for £15 yet 3 months is £25!something does'nt add up there.The more you spend in 1 go should reward you...

It's crazy, but it's due to the gift card market being in multiples of £5, and NOW TV not wanting to drop to £20 for 3 months.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, it was same program listed at same time as on live TV. Though it was late so might have been a repeat. I am not sure whether you would count this as live.  I guess that depends on your perspective.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5
Either way the vouchers do work out cheaper. Two months on movies would be £19.98 if you paid monthly. I just think shame no joint passes. It must be potentially possible as Sky did an offer last year which included broadband and either movies or entertainment for one price or both for a slightly higher price.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did it a sneaky way(legal)bought a few white boxes for £15 with passes and cash converters bought each box for £5 minus the pass thus each 2 months cost for movies was £10.

Oh and yes i understand re the pricing structure of gift vouchers - if you want value the 2 month pass is the way to go - i also get the weekly sports pass for £10 too from time to time.Be good if they sold the monthly sports pass to at £30.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

When Now TV started, it was a way for Sky to get casual customers who would never consider subscribing to Sky.

I can imagine this approach evolving over time so that Sky come to see it largely as a 'starter' service.  That is, as a way to tempt people to try a basic Sky service and then persuade some customers to upgrade to full subscription Sky by way of special deals.

I suspect Sky already partly view Now TV in this way.  But I can see Sky moving further in this direction.  I'm just not sure what deals Sky could offer which would appeal to Now TV users.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'd never get a full subscription to sky, it is a massive rip off. I get stopped when I'm shopping in town- 

'Miss, can I interest you in sky?'

The amount of times I have to tell them no is ridiculous. My nan pays £60 a month so my grandad can watch a few football matches. I'm trying to coax her into NOWTV (I know it's powered by sky but it's still a great price) as she would be paying half that way.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM they did have a starter service which included broadband plus either entertainment or movies or both. £10 for one including bb or £15 for both.  Broadband was then £2.50 on top of line rental.  It is now free.  The offer is still showing on this site but is hard to find on the Sky site.  I suspect that they hoped people who "trialled" Sky channels, through that would migrate to full Sky.  Though I can't imagine many would.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268  I had seen that advertised in Sky leaflets alongside other Sky packages specifically as "The Starter Pack".  I considered it to be a pretty poor offer since the customer would be taking it as a contract.  The main appeal of Now TV is that it's non-contract.  And after the offer period ended, if not cancelled, the Entertainment Pass would cost £9.99 a month - more than if you had it on its own!

I don't think many Now TV customers would upgrade to Sky of their own accord.  But I think if Sky targeted existing Now TV users with special offers, at least some might consider the full Sky service after having tried it via Now TV.

I must admit I find it slightly amusing when some people have said on the board that they're fed up with Now TV and are taking full Sky instead.  Because that's exactly what Sky want.

It would be interesting to know if more Now TV customers upgrade to Sky, or if more Sky customers downgrade to Now TV.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

BicBasher
Elite

I think Sky had initial fears that subscribers would switch to NOW TV for the cheaper options, but now that the main company no longer have those fears as your average NOW TV customer is a Freeview viewer who wants to add a few extra channels or to watch the Sky Sports channels without a contract, they've been marketing Now TV more regularly.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One big benefit for people like myself is i dont need a sky dish,i would think for a fair few people that would be beneficial to  e,g people renting,in flats or just not wanting a dish bolted on to their property.