cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TalkTalk box missing apps in NOW TV

Hi everybody I've recently purchased the TalkTalk box because they were connected with NOW TV. I've logged in my NOW TV details as I already have a now stick up in the bedroom telly but when I click on the app through TalkTalkbox and logged in the app store and apps are missing from NOW TV this is only with the TalkTalk box. how can I fix this as search and options doesn't seem to work either. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Stick / Boxes have third party Apps alongside the NowTV service such has YouTube, Disney + etc and are not part of the NowTV service, where they are supplementary Apps added to the devices.

The Youview boxes such as Talk Talk for example have the stand alone NowTV App, plus a limited selection of other third party Apps that are separate from NowTV such has BBC iPlayer for example in the Talk Talk Apps section of the box.

This is how it has been designed, similar to most streaming devices and smart TV's, where the NowTV App is standalone and this is how it's intended.

The Youview boxes are limited to the number of Apps they provide, where the big App that is missing for me is YouTube.

There is no fix, where if you need more of a certain particular Apps then maybe consider a full blown Roku Player, Fire Stick etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you for the response I'm just curious now as I have Disney Plus on
my NOW TV sticks and other devices is this mean I won't get it through the
NOW TV app on my TalkTalk box as my children would like to watch it on the
big telly in the living room instead of on the tiny telly or a tablet.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Disney + is a standalone App and is not actually inside the NowTV App on NowTV devices (its a separate App) but available on NowTV devices in the NowTV Apps Store.

Unfortunately Disney + App is not currently available on the Youview platform which includes the TalkTalk Youview boxes.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Disney + website in the link below to see what devices currently supports the Disney + App.

https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/welcome?&cid=DSS-Search-Bing-71700000065055513&s_kwcid=AL!%208468!10!79164965617746!79165211395405&msclkid=ce5a6531588518e05354053d1c44ab82&gclid=ce5a6531588518e05354053d1c44ab82&gclsrc=3p.ds