cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taken money from my account

Hi, just to see if anyone has any other ideas for me I have emailed now tv as a noticed a random payment has been taken from me I have tried to sort it out with them and they can't locate the payment or why it has been taken I have spoken to my bank and they have noticed a further two payments have been taken in march on the 19th and 22nd for £32.25 each time my original query Is for a random payment for £30 on the 22nd April I want to try and avoid cancelling my membership I have emailed again this morning with all authorization codes for each payment but no reply yet none of these payments are showing on my billing they also passed me onto broadband but I don't have an account with them nor so I have broadband with nowtv but I spoke to them anyway yesterday over to £30 payment but they confirmed I don't have an account with them, any suggestions would be most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked if I have another account which I don't I only joined on the 19th of March set the account up for now tv and now all of these payments have been taken I only thought it was the one payment but my bank have informed me it's actually three payments my bank have given me each authorization code for each payment which I have now emailed to Now tv this money is completely separate to my passes I was charged accordingly for them they opened a case ref number up for me but are no longer being helpful I originally tried to fill the online form out but because it's not a charge to do with passes I couldn't do it 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Its worth checking to see if you have multiple accounts for the same card details. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

You could always fill in this form, but make sure to add in some comments. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked if I have another account which I don't I only joined on the 19th of March set the account up for now tv and now all of these payments have been taken I only thought it was the one payment but my bank have informed me it's actually three payments my bank have given me each authorization code for each payment which I have now emailed to Now tv this money is completely separate to my passes I was charged accordingly for them they opened a case ref number up for me but are no longer being helpful I originally tried to fill the online form out but because it's not a charge to do with passes I couldn't do it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have had a NowTV box for over 4 years, but recently switched to a HDMI stick. The charge for the stick and the monthly payments appear in the online account, but NowTV/Sky are still taking payments for the original box which is obviously now disconnected and not used.

Our bank tell us that the payments are taken as normal card payments, so there is no direct debit or Standing Order that we can cancel.

This has been going on for 5 months and despite several online chats to explain, we are still no nearer to solution.

There is no telephone number to speak to their payments depart, and of course the message centre is currently impacted due to coronavirus, of course.

Okay it's only an additional £8.99 per month, but its adding up. We are so hacked off with the poor support and deliberately cumbersome contact system that we are likely to just cancel the whole thing by instructing our bank to stop any payments to NowTV - we may lose TV access for a while, but there is always online streaming via a PC - at least then we may get some reaction!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yh, I wanted to try and keep now TV I only joined in march I may just have to cancel my card see if that stops the payments 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried repeated attempts to explain my 'over payment' issue via the chat, confirming the last 4 letters of my bank account, sending redacted copies of bank statements to one 'bot/bod' after another, all of them just reading off a script and seemingly unable to understand the 'obvious' problem.

Guys, the only answer, as Lou says, is to cancel payments on the current card via you bank, and if you wish to continue with NOWTV, then set up payment from another account.

It is quite frankly appauling that honest customers have to take this sort of action to overcome such a poor, and some may even say deliberately evasive, "customer service?". They are knowingly taking our money and doing nothing about it, isn't that fraud? I mean where I work we routinely undertake financial compliance checks, so do NOWTV? Same account number, same customer postal address, 2 subscriptions - really, it's not that difficult!

Of course they are going to hide behind the current crisis for the limited assistance, but the automated "customer service?" was ineffective before and, I expect, will be afterwards. To deal with such issues, you need a HUMAN!

Personally, I will be looking for an alternative provider.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best option is to use the incorrect charge link I provided.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I already tried that to begin with but couldn't complete it as it's nothing to do with passes that money was taken correctly I have a case no set up by the care team but they are no longer replying to my emails 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has sort of happened to me. I have not used now TV in over a year and the other day they took 9.99 for sports which I have never used nor would I ever get and I've tried to contact them but got nothing back .... If any one has a contact number that actually works it would be great .

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To get one thing straight. There is absolutely no number for customer services where it is TV passes. 

For TV passes you have 3 options.

Live chat

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

(make sure you click “chat online” within the green box)

Fill this form out

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Send an email to this address 

C8A4AB7E-5A2C-4DCD-BDB2-94E4CDD58806.jpeg