cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide

Is there a TV guide that will automatically search for shows and channels and give me the ability to set a timer for the selected shows. Since there have been so many channels available after the analogue was no longer in use I have missed so many shows, programmes and films I have lost count and forgot many of them. Recently, I found a tv show on Comedy Central that I like and would like to continue watching the episodes in succession but the only way I can do this, is to manually input a reminder into my phone so I don’t miss the next episode. I have checked out the TV guide apps but they all seem to be the same, just a guide with loads of channels I don’t have that I have to scroll through to find the channels I do have and then it’s only what’s on now and next, so you can’t make plans of when to stay home to watch something later in the week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not aware of anything out there that will give you all the functionality you are seeking (unless possibly you are a BT TV customer with the BT NOW TV add on package which will offer some of the features you are looking at).

What i tend to do myself is use the free Sky + App on my smartphone or tablet and go through the 7 day TV Guide and once found something i want to watch if the show is on catch up or demand then i go to the NOW App on my smartphone or tablet and Add to My TV Watchlist by searching for the TV content on the NOW App search engine, then if found use the My TV feature.

When searching for stuff i usually either use the NOW App or Sky + App search function feature, before adding to My TV Watchlist.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not aware of anything out there that will give you all the functionality you are seeking (unless possibly you are a BT TV customer with the BT NOW TV add on package which will offer some of the features you are looking at).

What i tend to do myself is use the free Sky + App on my smartphone or tablet and go through the 7 day TV Guide and once found something i want to watch if the show is on catch up or demand then i go to the NOW App on my smartphone or tablet and Add to My TV Watchlist by searching for the TV content on the NOW App search engine, then if found use the My TV feature.

When searching for stuff i usually either use the NOW App or Sky + App search function feature, before adding to My TV Watchlist.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say i also use a number of websites to find stuff that i would like to watch across my various streaming platforms that i use.

Here's one example below when i know the name of the movie or TV show that i want to watch which will gather all the streaming sites and catchup services that offer it.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk