cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

TV Player Plus

TV Player have launched their Plus premium service, which is currently in Beta.

For £4.99 (Free trial for 14 days), you get a mix of free and 25 subscription channels.

Pay tv channels are:

Lifetime

Watch

TLC

Gold (already on NOW TV)

Alibi

Sony Entertainment Television

Sony Movie Channel

History

Discovery (on Now TV)

ID - Investigation Discovery

Discovery Turbo

Animal Planet

H2

CI

Good Food

Home

Eden

National Geographic Channel

British Eurosport

British Eurosport 2

Cartoon Network

Boomerang

Cartoonito

Baby TV

TV Player Plus will be on PC, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire and coming soon to Samsung Smart TV's and connected Freeview.  (The latter won't have the UKTV owned channels).

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Player Plus does have a good range of channels that I have been after for a realistic price but it is only live. Now TV includes Catchup and you can add Sports and Movie channels. I think this gives it an edge over TV Player also it is good how Now TV Catchup is advertising free. With vouchers available Now TV does work out to be good value. I would recommend having both.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm waiting until to player plus channels are available via channel 241 on my LG smart TV before I bother subscribing. However, I do agree that having both now tv and tv player plus will be an excellent combination 

BicBasher
Elite

I'm getting Irish ads while watching TLC on TVPlayer Plus tonight.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
BicBasher
Elite

TV Player Plus will be on the EE box in the near future.    This is the first box that will have TV Player Plus and NOW TV together.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@BicBasher Any idea when we will expect to see it rolled out to the LG smart TV?

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

@BicBasher Any idea when we will expect to see it rolled out to the LG smart TV?

@Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in replying.   Absolutely no idea. 

I've cancelled my subscription which runs out on the 1st Dec, really disappointed that they haven't got round to a connected Freeview launch yet.

Although the bitrates are similar to NOW TV, the PQ is awful in comparison.  BBC One is the only semi decent stream and that's free!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@BicBasher I tweeted them asking about connected TVs and they said the plus channels won't be coming to channel 241 however they are working hard to release the app on as many TVs as possible soon I

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

@BicBasher I tweeted them asking about connected TVs and they said the plus channels won't be coming to channel 241 however they are working hard to release the app on as many TVs as possible soon I

A shame about connected Freeview being scrapped.   That would have filled a void left by VuTV for Pay TV on the platform.  

Legend 5
Legend 5

For those interested you can now get TV player plus on Amazon Fire boxes have just downloaded it (and I presume sticks though I don't have one to check at the moment).  Still costs £4.99 a month.  Only channel I can see that overlaps with Now is Gold.  Gives over 30 non freeview channels for under £12 a month!!  To give an idea of the saving History channel (which I know some people are interested in) is not available on the cheaper Virgin packages you have to pay £55 a month to get that! (obviously you get other channels for that).

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

For those interested you can now get TV player plus on Amazon Fire boxes have just downloaded it (and I presume sticks though I don't have one to check at the moment).  Still costs £4.99 a month.  Only channel I can see that overlaps with Now is Gold.  Gives over 30 non freeview channels for under £12 a month!!  To give an idea of the saving History channel (which I know some people are interested in) is not available on the cheaper Virgin packages you have to pay £55 a month to get that! (obviously you get other channels for that).

Hi @4268

30 extra pay-TV channels? I think you mean 25?. Smiley Wink having now TV entertainment and TV player plus would give you access to 37 pay-TV channels (I haven't counted gold twice) for £12 a month. I think virgin media need to be scared because let's put it this way, if you're somebody that has a virgin media, Internet connection, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use services like nowTV and TV player plus some virgin media needs to think about their pricing certainly on the TV side of things.

I am waiting for them to add  chromecast support before I resubscribe as there's not that many big-screen devices you can watch it on at the moment and using a PC is a bit of a pain

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.