cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely Chromebooks should now be supported

I am a relatively new user of NOW TV. I was amazed to find out that Chromebooks are not supported. Chromebooks are gaining in popularity and they run Android apps. But there is no NOW TV Android app for Chromebook. What is the best way to lobby NOW TV for this? Why is there an issue? Would Google need to provide any part of a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Isn't it infuriating!  My Chromebook has an excellent screen and while I can use Now Tv on other devices, the Chromebook is the best one apart from the TV itself,

I think we just need to keep plugging away.  Every time I'm asked for feedback, I'm going to have a moan about it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Used to work on my Chromebook (Acer) until an OS upgrade a few months ago when the Now app stopped working. Agree, you would have thought they could sort something out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Isn't it infuriating!  My Chromebook has an excellent screen and while I can use Now Tv on other devices, the Chromebook is the best one apart from the TV itself,

I think we just need to keep plugging away.  Every time I'm asked for feedback, I'm going to have a moan about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. I use Chromecast on my TV to cast from Apps to the TV. With the BT Sport App and iPlayer casting works better from the Chromebook than via my iPhone. Really disappointed to find that NOW TV app does not work. It should not matter which device we use these days, apps should be made on all platforms.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree! The update was very unwelcome. Now I barely watch Now anymore as Netflix, prime, iPlayer etc all work fine and Now doesn't at all. Chromebooks are growing in popularity so this will alienate a growing audience. Not sure it's worth my monthly subscription to wath one or two episodes a month on another device!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it's a big limitation that none of this works on Chromebooks