cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_suff
Expert

Superman cast for Season 2 of Supergirl

@ukbobboy  @caseyb1993  @commanda6  

Just found this not sure if any of you have seen this yet, what do you think?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/16/breaking-news-meet-supergirls-superman

Mark. 

6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff

I posted my message 6 minutes after you posted yours, however your message is more informative.

Cheers

Information Desk Person on Google Android 6.0.1

UK Bob

mark_suff
Expert

@ukbobboy As I said in other thread on here must have missed your post, lets hope he does role justice. About time we actually got to see Superman on screen especially as they keep mentioning him and giving blurs or cgi. Looking forward to season one finale tonight.

Mark.

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff

Hi Mark

I just had a quick chat with my son about the new CW Superman, we concluded (well, mainly me) that CW has a lot invested in their new actor and would not have chosen someone who could not carry the part.  And if he does well in episodes 1 & 2 of Supergirl season 2 then there exist the potential for future crossovers, especially with the Flash and Green Arrow.

At the moment, some YouTubers are talking about a super hero gal-pal for Supergirl, with the Martian Manhunter's niece, Miss Martian (real name M'gann M'orzz), in the running.  Personally, I like to see Supergirl team up with Vixen, after all that character already exist in the CW universe, has comparable powers but different enough to deal with magical villains that Supergirl would be vulnerable to.

All in all, CW has a rich variety of heroes and villains that they can mix and match over the coming season, I hope they have the finances for special effects to do each hero and villain justice because they certainly have the writing skills.

UK Bob

PS. My son and I agreed that Gotham has no place in the CW universe (I reminded my son that Gotham is made by Fox).

mark_suff
Expert

@ukbobboy I'd love to see Vixen appear with Supergirl as she's already been in Arrow, and of course it's always good to see the gorgeous Megalyn Echikunwoke who did a fantastic job playing her. Totally agree about Gotham although Robin Lord Taylor is superb as Penguin. As we've said before even more chance for good crossovers now Supergirl is on CW and looks set to film in Cnada next season.

Mark.

Just noticed i've just posted over 100 times now, yikes!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff

Mark

You know, the counter says I've posted 465 times, I can't believe it.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff

Hi again Mark

Some bad news, I've found out that Megalyn Echikunwoke will not be playing Vixen in the new CW upcoming season of shows, the actress has signed a contract for something else. Instead CW are looking for another actress that will play an earlier incarnation of  Vixen, an ancestor if you will.

The new (ancient) Vixen will be a regular on Legends of Tomorrow and will probably be the one  that does the forthcoming crossovers.

UK Bob