cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Supergirl Ending With Season 6

Dear Superhero Fans

I've just heard that Supergirl's next season, that is season 6, will be it's final season.  Although not officially announced yet, it's believed that Supergirl is not being renewed because of falling ratings and coincidentally the main star's contract, Melissa Benoist, is also ending. 

It is also thought that Ms Benoist will also take the time off to look after her new born before renewing her career at a later stage.

From a personal POV, it was always 50-50 that a new mother would want to take time off from a demanding career to look after her first born.

As I'm a fan of superhero shows, I am sad that the Supergirl show is leaving the CW because, unfortunately, Ms Benoist has made the main character her own and so, as such, cannot be easily replaced, as apparently the Batwoman character can.

Finally, there was some belief that CW could not sustain in the long term both Supergirl and Superman & Lois at the same time, this just may have been proved.

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Superhero Fans

Even though there has been no trailers, no official pictures the trolls are already dumping on Batwoman season 2.  In other words, they've already  marked this new show for failure.

I'm guessing the unofficial picture, of the cowl, being commented, as the basis for their criticisms, is likely to be a first test fitting and is probably very uncomfortable.

Either way, good or bad, I hope Channel 4/E4 gives this show a chance when it becomes available.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Superhero fans

Picked up some news this morning that I'm going to speculate on, so take the following with a pinch, or handful, of salt.

As we all now know, the ending of Supergirl has been officially announced, and there is strong speculation that Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow are likely to be next on the chopping block.  Plus, it is now highly unlikely that there will be any more big crossovers, like Crisis..., instead there will only be one or two episode crossovers featuring the Flash and/or Superman

This outcome of a scaled back CW also means there will be no CW Justice League, that IP will remain firmly within the control of Warner Brothers and Hulu.  

As for the future of DC superhero shows, the tentative plan is to develop new shows with bigger budgets, six to eight episodes per season, for two seasons only and aired exclusively on Hulu. These ideas, if they come to fruition, are still some two the three years away and dependant on how well Snyder's JLA performs.

And finally, if and when DC superhero shows take off on Hulu, CW will most likely by then be out of the super shows production business and concentrating their efforts elsewhere, i.e. on different genres. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I think you mean HBO MAX which is part of Warner Bros/AT&T like DC Comics is. Hulu is majority controlled by Disney.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah, I think your right and I should have check that fact before I started to write down my speculation.

So, for everybody reading this, please substitute HBO Max for every instance of Hulu I've written in my post above:  

"Supergirl's ending could also be the end of the Arrowverse".

UK Bob

It's a pity this forum has such restrictive editing facilities, most other user forums would've allowed me to correct my Hulu/HBO Max mistake. 

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Superhero fans

Just saw this picture and thought it might be interesting:

Batwoman's New Batmobile.jpg

I understand it's a C7 Corvette, maybe like the one Prince used to sing about? 

Anyway, as soon as I come across the new Batwoman's new uniform, I will post it here.

However, one thing I hope the most is that CW abandons their politically orientated scripts for season 2 and concentrates on writing action, adventure based crime stories and a practical/semi-believable origin for their newest superhero. 

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Superhero fans

First official picture of CW's new Batwoman:

New Batwoman in New Uniform.png

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Superhero fans

First official picture (Part 2) of CW's new Batwoman:

New Batwoman.jpg