cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Super bumper fun TV adverts fom childhood thread

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @ukbobboy and anyone else with an infantile sense of humour

So here it is, the super bumper fun TV adverts from childhood thread (blame Casey she started it with Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles .... the only thing you can really do with a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille is .... you know the rest!)

Nobody likes watching ads these days they just lack the smile, childish elegance of our rose-tinted youth (ie everything was naff but we thought it was fab at the time).

So regardless of age, share your favourite TV ads from your yoof. The funnier, wittier, or sing-along-addictive the better.

I've got SOOOO many to choose from, but here's a couple of my favourites to kick things off.

The Smash mashed potato alien robots from

https://youtu.be/ofv5Ca1LD8U

And my all time favourite PG Tips chimp ad (I LOOOVE a good monkey ad), Mr Shifter the removal chimp ... All together now .... "Cooeeeeee Mr Shifter...."

https://youtu.be/m3F0nnPHyWo

PG Tips Mr Shifter another funny add from the 80s
150 REPLIES 150
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy I personally loved all of the Disney Viewmaster ones Smiley Wink

@schnapps I watched that on ITV the other day too, found it very funny and amusing indeed Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Super bumper fun kudos for just knowing what a Viewmaster is but having used one! Game of Twister next time? 😄

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @caseyb1993 @ukbobboy

Anybody seen the M&S Christmas 2017 TV advert yet ?

Apparently there's a little controversy at the end of the advert on what is said by the Burglar to Paddington Bear (on a pair of rubbish speakers it does sound like a swear word until you listen very carefully).

Not a bad Christmas Advert if you ask me (better then this years John Lewis attempt).

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps I haven't yet. I rarely watch live TV anymore and haven't even checked it on YouTube. 😮

I've seen the Tesco advert though. People moan about anything these days. 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Schnapps

That M&S advert is suppose to be funny (I think) but it comes across as creepy.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Hadn't until you mentioned it, see what you mean, quite like it tho. Then again I liked the John Lewis one as well. Like Casey I don't watch much live TV and don't pay attention to ad breaks so I tend to not mind the Xmas ads, they are what they are. Maybe if I actually sat down and had to watch them a dozen times a day from mid November I'd soon get fed up! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Andy Thanks! 🙂

Sometimes when I leave for work early in the morning, there is a show on called "TV that made me" (or something like that) on BBC2 full of shows from the past. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Who (re)watched The Snowman tonight on Channel 4???

I mean the Christmas mini film not the horror film lol.

I may be from the 90's and not the 80's but this gets me every year. 🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeVUnGQOIk

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Is it bad that I've never watched it? I know the song, recognise the images, have seen the book, even bought Snowman Christmas cards from Tesco the other year ... but never watched it! 😳

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy All4 *cough cough* It is only half an hour long so get watching lol

How have you never seen The Snowman? It is my favourite Christmas film ever. 🙂

The Snowman and the Snowdog was good but not as magical as the original.