cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

Hi, I cannot get subtitles on either Sky Cinema or the Entertainment pass. Without subtitles, I have no idea what's happening, so it seems irrelevant having these passes. I go through all the options & subtitles aren't even highlighted. Help, anyone, or I'm going to have to cancel. TIA

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices have you tried with your NowTV Cinema & Entertainment Pass ?

Hopefully it's not a Youview box which is not currently supported with regards to subtitles when watching NowTV.

Or you are not attempting to watch live NowTV channel streams, which again doesn't currently support subtitles (only on Demand content with the S symbol icon next to the content thumbnail offers subtitles).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  Legend 5  Thank you so much for replying. I did reply immediately but it just wouldn't send. My TalkTalk TV box hasn't worked since September but that's another long story! Consequently, I have to watch on the app. I have a new Samsung 65" UHD 4K & I can't remember if it was already on the TV, or my son downloaded it. I don't use any sort of box to watch anything. For some reason, NOW TV won't allow me to watch the TV in my bedroom, as it refuses to accept my email & password. My son came over at the weekend & I was moaning to him about it ( now there's a surprise, me moaning? Surely not😊 ) He told me to push the up button on the remote & a speech bubble comes up & you click on that & lo & behold, you can get subtitles. However, when I tried that to watch Transplant, I didn't get anything on the top left hand of the screen with a speech bubble option. I did get a fast forward icon, a go back icon, a pause icon & something that looked like a book on the bottom of the left-hand side of the tv🤔 I decided to try the book looking icon & there it was, the choice for subtitles. Yaay 🤪👏👏  So, I got there in the end but by a completely different route. Now if only you could sort out why I can't get NOW TV on the TV in my bedroom, I'd be really grateful 😊

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What TV make & model number are you using in the Bedroom ?

Or have you an external device connected to the Bedroom TV via HDMI and if so what external playback device are you using ?

Apart from the Youview Platform, all other NowTV supported devices should support subtitles, where the NowTV content has the S icon symbol next to its thumbnail on the NowTV on Demand or Catchup service.

Where clicking on the bubble speech icon when pressing the OK or Pause button on your remote controller should force subtitles on your screen.

Sometimes depending on the device in question you may have to go into the playback device actual menu settings to force / customise subtitles or captions onto the screen.

When watching NowTV live channels, the subtitles service is not available with the NowTV live streams.

I don't personally rely on subtitles myself and haven't looked into it in great depth to be honest.

If you post more information how you watch NowTV in the Bedroom i will try and help if i can or maybe another forum member can offer you some further assistance.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry i missed the bit about the Bedroom TV will not accept your NowTV username / email address & password.

A few people on the forum has reported this recently.

If you can provide some more information about the playback device and if there is any error message or code coming up on the screen when attempting to enter your NowTV account details in the username and password box myself or other forum members will try our best to assist.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Legend 5. I have just done a very long answer to you & it's vanished before I could post it. Same thing happened last time. I need to give my eyes a break & take some painkillers for this headache & then redo my reply re bedroom TV. Sorry but when my headaches reach this level, I just have to stop what I'm doing for a while 😭🧠💊💊💊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are too many programmes on Now TV without subtitles.  They are essential with most movies and TV as the majority of actors mumble there way through everything these days, especially American actors, women being the worst.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm deaf we needs full subtitles live sky cinemas now please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm deaf we needs full subtitles from sky cinemas HD now please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm deaf we needs full subtitles from live sky cinemas HD now please