cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still being charged after cancelling.

I’m still being charged and I cancelled my subscription months ago. I cancelled my subscription in April and I’ve been charged twice since then.
1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

The first thing to do is look at My Account/Passes & Vouchers, and see if all the Pass possibilities are showing Cancelled, or at least not showing a renewal date.

If any of them are showing a renewal date, with an indication that you will be charged then, then either your Cancel(s) didn’t go through, or they got reversed by somebody watching something after the renewal date for which you Cancelled.

That last one is an issue in shared houses, or when there are small children about, and so on. So deal with this, even if you don’t think it has happened, by going to Settings & PINs and setting a Payment PIN that only you know,

Then execute the Cancel(s) again, making sure you go through all four steps each time, until the Cancel is confirmed, and you can see that it has worked by the information being reflected in Passes & Vouchers.

But if all the Passes are Cancelled when you first look, then it’s possible you have a second account open on which these Passes do appear.

If you can remember what it is, log in and repeat the above. If not, just carry on with this guidance.

Now, you should be in one of two states - Cancelled, but with no known second or further accounts, or Not Cancelled, but with presumably an unknown second or further account.

So now it is time to get onto Live Chat, when you can:-

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

and explain you have been charged for NowTV Passes you haven’t used, and ask for a refund for ones on your known account, if applicable, and also if there are any other accounts being charged on you card or bank account - give them the details of charges made when, and from where, exactly, and they should be able to find them.

They will be able to check if the charged-for Passes have indeed not been watched, or if they have, when and how much.

Once it is all sorted out, deal with any further accounts that may have been revealed as above - set Payment PIN, Cancels, and so on - unless Live Chat can do this for you anyway, maybe even delete any accounts you have besides the one you are using, if this is one of the issues.

Then you should be clear of further charges, hopefully.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.