cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick fails to update

Have been using stick for years without issue.  It was unplugged for a week whilst I was away. Came back tonight and it just would not work, so did a factory reset.

It connects ok to Wifi, advises it needs to update, completes update then indicates its restarting but does not restart but tv just goes to blue screen of death mode.

I have tried factory reset 5 times now and exactly the same things keeps happening.  Have tried software update from secret screen - makes no difference.

Any thoughts in fix?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps try unplugging your router for a few minutes, it might help. 

As you’ve tried to do factory resets without luck. Head onto live chat and see what Now TV staff can do.

Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I am using mobile broadband with full signal strength - switched it off overnight and same problem today. Spoke to a friend who has stick and they suggested not using tv usb to power it but to use it from the mains.

Tried that an hour ago and it completed the update this time..😁 so delighted to have it working again but thank you so much for your suggestion

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

It needed to have mains power not tv usb power-a friend suggested I try that and it completed the restart after the update, but thank you for your suggestion

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you test the NowTV Stick on another television in your home (assuming you have a second television) does the problem still persist ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnaps

Didnt have another tv to try it on but friend suggested using mains power rather than powering it from usb and it restarted after the update this time 😁