cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Starter bundle

I know this is off topic but someone on here can give me advice hopefully...

i currently have the starter bundle with another TV/Broadband provider. They only ship the non-recording you view box with this bundle however I find I'm missing lots of TV that I could be recording. Has anyone managed to get a you view plus box free from them so that I'm not missing as much sports. 

Conor

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you looked on ebay you can buy them there always people selling them i got the recording box last year for about £40.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Do you think it would be worth phoning BT and see if they'll have any movement on giving me one for free? I've just recontracted my services

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you not need to pay extra fee every month for the higher package though? Always worth a try as they say you don't get if you don't ask only one way find out

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Do you not need to pay extra fee every month for the higher package though? Always worth a try as they say you don't get if you don't ask only one way find out

@Anonymous User . The worst BT (I'm assuming it's BT because of the package name that is mentioned) would be able to do is stop @Anonymous User from recording any IP channels that he may be getting from his current BT package, but they would not be able to stop Connor from recording the terrestrial channels. I believe people on the starter package get some of the BT sports channels. For example, Connor probably wouldn't be able to record those due to him being on the starter package.

So if Connor brought a Youview box that was capable of recording he would be able to record the terrestrial channels is that part of Youview's base retail functionality. But just make sure it's a Humax Youview box and not the brand that talktalk use. Some of the boxes that talktalk use have a terrible reputation.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at ebay the bt recordable box is going for £45-65 if you can't get a free one and really want one without having to pay for higher package with bt.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

I meant to get a free box you will have pay the extra for higher package i did same with talktalk had low plan for tv sold the non recordable box and bought recordable one and talktalk was none the wiser i didn't have the extra sky channels then to try as could only get snail broadband then and was under 5mb so couldn't have them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Phoned them up got through to the sales team they gave me a number for customer options and told me to phone in the morning and should be as simple as them just posting me out the box