cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, Now TB is currently unavailable

Hi. I'm new to the community but I have a problem that brought me here. I have two sticks that haven't been used for a while. I have held the reset button on both sticks, walked through the setup steps on both, gone to nowtv.com/TV and registered both sticks with the code on the TV to my account. The sticks then run through the update process and after that, I run into the following: "checking connection" and the almost instantly after that, i get "Sorry, NOW TV is currently unavailable". 

I've searched for several solutions like pressing the buttons in a certain order to pull up reset and update menu, updated the sticks again but still getting the same response. 

The only thing I can thing of that I can think of is my Raspberry Pi that is running PiHole and using OpenDNS maybe but before I go to dismantle my network, I'd like some other opinions. 

Thanks,

Curtis.

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User have a read through this rather long thread. A number of solutions but plenty of people running pihole who had to add NowTV to the whitelist.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Sorry-Now-TV-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/537230

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, Pihole will kill it.

Search the Community for references to Pihole, which will give you chapter and verse about what you need to whitelist if you want this to work, notably the tracker (but not malware) dpm.demdex.net.

Here’s one:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/NowTV-4k-box-bandwidth-usage-and-lockout/m-p/541198/highlight/true#M7902

with me chipping in after it,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.