cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky v now tv

I was just wondering what got you choosing now tv over sky?

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User flexibility and no commitment. Also you can use it with Sky's broadband competitors. You don't pay extra to have Now on a second TV. Finally there is no need for a dish. Of course you do get less choices on Now compared to Sky
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

My box was a Christmas present a few years ago. Didn't really like it at first to be honest as nothing interested me and decided when the pass voucher ended, I would just have the box for the apps. 

It soon changed when the superhero shows got added though. 😄

I would never have full Sky as it is too expensive. Plus I rarely watch live telly anymore, I haven't watched the soaps in about 2 years. If I lived on my own, I wouldn't need a TV licence. 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Was with Sky for a long time, kept getting discounts and combining with broadband wasn't a bad price but a hassle to keep ringing up. Freesat together with NOW TV covered all the main channels I used to watch with the exception of SyFy, cheaper and easier to deal with online. I like the ease of adding movies when you want them but miss lack of proper 5.1.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Similar reasons like everybody else who have posted on here, one important factor for me was the flexibility of dipping in and out of Entertainment, Cinema and the occasional Sports Passes and more importantly for me using vouchers codes on your account.

Where over time you will be surprised how much you can save compared to the standard monthly subscription pass costs.

Another thing that i like with the NowTV service is that you can take your small NowTV box to a family members or friends house or other possible scenarios where they don't have the NowTV service, where it is more difficult with the SKY Box and Satellite Dish Smiley Happy

Don't get me wrong, there are other features and functions on the Sky Satellite Service that i would like to see on the NowTV Service (just look at the ideas board), however i can understand to some degree has a business point of view why Sky needs to differentiate both services.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I am following the same or similar suit as the rest.

Until August I was an avid Sky subscriber, I had HD, multiroom etc paying around £50 per month.

We took a look at what we actually watch and with the exception of Syfy and Universal everything else seemed to be available so after some discussions we took the plunge, initially thanks to the 6 month now tv subscription we ran both side by side after giving sky the notice.  As the month went on we used Sky less and less and when it was finally switched off we were unsure on what we had been paying for.

Now a couple of months later and we are still happy with everything so sold our sky boxes.  Yes there are a great many benefits with Sky itself but unless they give me it all plus multi-room for £7.99 I can't see myself going back

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd love to have Sky, but due to my landlord i'm not allowed satellite dishes so im now in a contract with BT for my TV, and Now TV for all the sports channels

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hopefully when Sky rollout their proposed Sky IPTV service scheduled sometime next year and if you have sufficient internet speeds at your rented accommodations.

Then the Sky IPTV service might be a good alternative to Sky Satellite which your Landlord might consider/accept with no ugly dish attached to their property.

I believe this is one of many reasons why Sky are bringing out their IPTV service where they are losing potential customers who are not permitted to have a Satellite Dish installed at their property. 

Or maybe stick with NowTV where you are not tied into any long term contract Smiley Wink