cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LR3
Mentor

Sky sports freezing and breaking up

I'm currently sat trying to watch the football. I say trying as it keeps on freezing.

Its almost every day for the past week. 

Anyine else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I'm having exactly that. Has anyone resolved the issue. Very annoying. Happening every couple of minutes but the sound is perfectly fine through it breaking up. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only started playing up since getting the NOW TV Boost package thing, guessing that might be why.

Typical.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could be something to do with it. However I had it from September when the footie kicked off and it was fine until probably end of November. When ever I first replied to this chat tbf. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s very odd indeed, the Fire Stick was the latest new devices to be added with Now TV. 

Before that it was Sony Bravia Android. Both devices work perfectly fine for sports (although I have cancelled my pass) when I was testing out of nosiness. 

My guess is that Now TV will slowly be decommissioning their own devices and focusing purely on the app. In fairness the best device Now TV did was the smart box, whereas the stick is a big step backwards. Compared to Amazon and a proper Roku the Now TV stick is terrible.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the smart box and luckily got one of the Freeview HD Now tv smart boxes. They stopped making them shortly after my purchase. Its been one of the best smart devices I've had to be honest. Even the now tv worked good until recently. The box is perfect for all the other apps, disney, prime tv, Netflix, you tube etc etc. Just a shame the now tv app has started to let it down and become redundant. Good job there is alot of other devices to play it on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports keeps freezing & we have retried re installing Now Tv which works for a bit but then it happens again. We have an LG Tv & I understand that there may be a problem when there is an update.

Doesn’t sound as though Now help centre will be much help. Does anyone know if purchasing a Now Tv Smart Stick & watching through that might resolve the problem?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried unplugging the power to your television for about 2 minutes and a reboot of your Router.

Sometimes this may help (not guaranteed though).

Are you running the NowTV App over WiFi or Ethernet ?

Ethernet is always the best option where practically possible.

I am continually watching NowTV Sports through the day and evening over Ethernet and no problems on my NowTV 4K box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 4 Now TV device. 2 of which suffer the issue. One is plugged via an ethernet cable, the other is wireless and both freeze. 

I now cast from my mobile via a google chromecast to get around this issue as it works fine like that. It is notable that the issue happens when a Live football match is on, if I am watching sky sports news it is ok. 

Done all the suggestions and and quite confident its absolutely nothing to do with my internet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I personally would not buy a Now TV stick is I have one and the same issues apply. 

I have a Amazon Firestick that works really well via the Now TV App. Sometimes these are available for £17 and it works a lot better. 

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tottenham game is appalling. Tried watching on a Now TV box, BT Box and also on the app on my TV. Picture quality on all of them is unwatchable. Perfect picture on the app on my phone. Amazon 4k is fine as is Amazon prime. Absolutely ridiculous considering I pay for the sport and the boost to get a decent quality picture. Broadband is fine 50mb with low ping. Have raised complaint again tonight asking what the refund will be and will this ever be fixed. I am expecting the standard scripted reply with both requests being ignored. As soon as the credit from my clubcard vouchers is gone I'm never using Now TV again.