cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky cinema pass I havent ordered

Hi I received an email this morning saying welcome to sky cinema pass etc I haven't ordered this and I've checked with everyone else and they all say not. How do I find out from which device and what time this was ordered? And if it is a mistake (on Now tvs part) how do I get a refund? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Does ‘everyone’ include any small children there might be about?

They are remarkably adept at ordering NowTV passes from a surprisingly early age.

To prevent this in the future, you should set a Purchases PIN under Settings and PINs.

And indeed, I think that part of setting up a NowTV account should be them insisting a new user creates such a PIN, to guard against these unauthorised purchases (and us having to keep posting Help about this!) but it’s not even mentioned, let alone insisted on.

For the immediate issue though, get on to Live Chat, who should hopefully be able to reverse this Pass for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

Does ‘everyone’ include any small children there might be about?

They are remarkably adept at ordering NowTV passes from a surprisingly early age.

To prevent this in the future, you should set a Purchases PIN under Settings and PINs.

And indeed, I think that part of setting up a NowTV account should be them insisting a new user creates such a PIN, to guard against these unauthorised purchases (and us having to keep posting Help about this!) but it’s not even mentioned, let alone insisted on.

For the immediate issue though, get on to Live Chat, who should hopefully be able to reverse this Pass for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thank you. Turns out after a bit more detective work and interrogation lol, this is indeed what happened! I wasn't aware of the pin for this so I will add now. Thanks again!