cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky and BT Partnership - Now TV Update for Youview

Just came across this new story on a516digital.com about the Sky and BT partnership that will bring more Now TV content to BT Youview boxes...... instead of just Cinema.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/sky-and-bt-expand-partnership.html

We already knew this was happening, but the story above tells us that the BT Youview boxes will be able to record the Now TV channels.

Having BT Youview and Now TV myself, this makes for some good news.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm personally overjoyed to ear that this deal's mor than just allowin access to the already accessibl movies,coz we knew was mentioned in the context of current entertainment tier (presumed live as well as ondemand/catchup as is case with current smart tv apps) but we genuinely didnt know bout nowtv's kids as wud compete wiv Bt's xistin wide choice of kids channels but sport we assumed was real icing on cake that this deal was all about but scant confirmation was "out there".Don't xpect Sky Sport News on any tier as per the now tv boxes but recordin live stream has astounded me! Hayu of course didnt exist when deal was negociated so who knows on that.Anyone see any differences wiv the 4k smartbox beyond netflix? iPlayer? Youtube? iPlayer would be a good addition to those who don't have a very smart (but still compatible) 4k tv as the 4k netflix is popular on the 4k youview box but wonder if the BT sport app on now tv would be able to show BT Sport in 4k on the smartbox 4k? Maybe BT Sport on Now Tv could arrive sooner than the early 2019 estimates for NowTv on youview? All I want for (by) xmas is midweek redbutton EFL access to those who purchase now tv sport pass's