cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports stranger pattern in the background.

Hi. I’ve recently subscribed to Sky Sports on NowTV and today I’ve noticed some strange moro pattern in the background. Some times the pattern is overlying the ads on the edges. What is it? 

21 REPLIES 21
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using to watch NOW with? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I’m using Apple TV 4K (2021)

flic.kr/p/2mh5AVQ

flic.kr/p/2mh9owG

Here you have few screenshots. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Personally I don’t own an Apple TV so I can’t comment on it. However every device I have this is something I’ve not encountered before.

@nst  I know your an Apple TV user for NOW have you come across what @Anonymous User  has mentioned? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see this on my Mac in the now tv app also.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've fixed it on my tv by changing the picture mode from dynamic to movie or normal modes

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i have noticed this on certain Sky Sports live Streams over a period of about 18 months.

it seems to come and go and haven't seen it on my playback devices (various platforms) for a few months now, but it started reappearing again this week for me.

Thought NOW must have fixed it, but it seems like they haven't.

it looks like a camouflage pattern and is more noticeable on plain backgrounds.

My guess it's an issue with their live sports delivery stream mechanism.

There are other posts about NOW Sports picture artefacts (not picture buffering or pixelation) on the Community Forum about this in the past and other weird artefacts which i have also reported such has the grass shimmering which is noticeable when watching football for example (haven't noticed the grass simmering for a while now but haven't watched football yet this season on NOW).

It only seems to happen on NOW Sports, where NOW Entertainment and Cinema are not effected from what i can tell.

Your better off sending the photos and a compliant onto NOW by sending them an email using the email address on this screen shot below.

Probably you will get a response blaming your internet connection or Router which is not the case, where i have a stable 36Mbps on Ethernet with a few of my various NOW playback devices and i am also using the NOW Fab Fibre service which is totally fine when watching NOW Entertainment and Cinema.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for such detailed answer! I was using Now Sport few months ago via Chromecast Ultra and don’t remember seeing such a weird patterns. I’ll send them an email and we’ll see what they say. Thanks. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Watched a bit of NOW Sports on the weekend with my Roku Stick + and didn't notice any camouflage artefacts when watching the Football, but did notice a lot of picture noise on the grass pitches.

Also watched two Rugby Union matches (one game on Sky Main Event and the other on Sky Lions /Arena on NOW and the picture looked much cleaner including the grass didn't have any noise artefacts).

Will be interested in what reply you get from NOW on the email that you send them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received reply from NowTV:

I hope you are safe and doing well !

Thanks for getting in touch with us and letting us know the issue you are facing while trying to view on your Apple TV.

We've now switched off our old NOW app for Apple TV. If you've got Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K, you can carry on watching on our new app.

With the new NOW app on Apple TV gen 4 or later, you can watch in full HD with NOW Boost, but Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound is not available.

I request you to kindly reinstall the new app and then try viewing on the device. In case you face any technical issue do let us know so that we can try getting the technical issue sorted .

Reply to this email without changing the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

I’ll be back gone over the weekend so will try to reinstall the app on Apple TV but highly doubt it’s gonna change anything.