cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

No free Sky Sports News with Movies or Entertainment packages anymore?? Had NowTV for 3 years now and always had it but just recently it says I now have to buy sports pass to watch it!!

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think that's the case where Sky Sports News still works for me and i haven't used a Sky Sports Pass in over a year.

Try rebooting both your box / stick and router by switching the power off for about 30 secs to see if that fixes it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Thanks for the reply.

I have rebooted it several times since I first noticed it doing this (about 2 weeks ago) but still no luck. Strange one.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You are about the fourth or fifth person to encounter this recently where Sky Sports News doesn't work either by going direct to SSN on the live Sky Sports Channels or via the SSN App, even though customers had an active cinema, entertainment, kids or Hayu pass on their account.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Sky-Sports-News/m-p/478711

Can only suggest the basic stuff like, reboot router, reboot nowtv box or stick, force a software update on the nowtv device by going into the secret menu or try signing out of your nowtv box and resign back in again or a full factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I’ll give it another go when I get home, appreciate the replies 👍🏻

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If none of the usual things work when there is a glitch with nowtv, then contact live chat for further technical support.

Post back here if you resolve it.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Still nothing even after a full system reset 🤔

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If your nowtv pass or passes are showing on the NowTV Box or Stick by going into the NowTV App and selecting My Account and you have tried all the usual stuff to see if you can fix it.

Then contact live chat and ask them if their tier 2 Support team can help you.

Goodluck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Can’t find a live chat atm, will wait till Monday and try again 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

l have an entertainment pass active but cannot watch the sky sport news hq app it tells me to by a sky sports pass .

Please NOWTV fix this error.