cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News no longer free?

Has Sky sports news been removed from the standard NOW tv subscription. We had it on this morning then when i went to watch this afternoon it's asking me to buy a sports pass?

Similar happened with some programmes too. WAtching this morning and now i need an entertainment pass to keep watching. 

Is this an issue with my account or is it new changes?

If it's new changes what does the standard subscription actually get you now?!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I wasn't aware Sky Sports News was removed for NOW customers with any type of NOW active Membership running.

i can't test this out myself because i have a on going Sports Membership.

This might be a coincidence but the Sky Sports News Help Article doesn't seem to open anymore.

Might be your account related problem with SSN, perhaps other forum members can check on your behalf if it's universal or an isolated case ?

i am guessing you have tried accessing SSN both from the App (assuming you are using a NOW branded playback device) or directly from the Sky Sports now & next live TV Guide and done a logout and sign in back on your playback devices ?

Screenshot_2021-10-24-16-18-48.png

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

If it helps I don’t have an active sports membership but was successful in watching

Sky Sports News.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @gavs82008.

@Anonymous User it does sound like it's account related (especially if you mentioned other problems with your Entertainment Membership).

I am guessing a logout and unplugging your playback devices doesn't help ?

Also assuming you are not running a VPN ?

If you have mobile data on a smartphone, then try temporary using it has a wifi hotspot to eliminate the home Router out of the equation.