cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Q

In case you haven't heard sky have released the details of their newest sky box the sky Q

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/135949-sky-q-is-more-than-a-new-4k-box-it-s-the-connected-future-of-...

I think many of the menus resemble that of the new now TV set up.
8 Replies
BicBasher
Elite

Re: Sky Q

It also appears, like the early days of Sky+ HD, they're going to keep providing a standard Sky+ HD product and Sky Q, with NOW TV providing low cost access to Sky channels.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, Amazon Fire Stick 4K Wired, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android Pie), Fire Tablet (2018 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know this is a late reply but Sky are taking over the world! (and Apple) haha

I predict Apple will one day go all Terminator Genisys Smiley Wink

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 don't forget amazon! I made the mistake of signing up to prime whilst it was on offer. I've since spent a fortune on Amazon plus it has music and video included. Prime is a bargain in my eyes for what in included

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I love Amazon but there is no way I could afford £79 at the moment. I heard you can pay monthly for prime video so one day I may just do that! I used to piggyback on Amazon Household for the free delivery service but it wasn't renewed so it's back to paying postage. Thankfully most of my orders are over the £20 mark, not that I order alot anymore, I build up to the £20 mark when I need stuff. Smiley Wink

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

Hi CaseyB

You said: "Thankfully most of my orders are over the £20 mark, not that I order alot anymore, I build up to the £20 mark when I need stuff."

That is exactly what I do as well, I refuse to pay a monthly or annual membership fee for something I may or may not use.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Glad i'm not the only one! £79 for all the benefits is a good deal but right now I don't exactly have that money to pay for it. If I could pay monthly for it all I would. Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

You know CaseyB

That £79 may be good value but I see it as being tied to one particular supplier until I can say I have had my money's worth.  And that, I believe, is what Amazon wants, i.e. you're tied into them.

One other thing, on behalf of my son I buy a lot anime and other DVDs which are only available in the US so I purchase them from Amazon US/Canada and, although not sure, I believe that £79 does not cover shipping/delivery from non-UK Amazon companies.

Uk Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yes, I see where you are coming from there.

I buy alot of Anime dvds (for myself) but they are so expensive. Smiley Frustrated