cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Q

In case you haven't heard sky have released the details of their newest sky box the sky Q

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/135949-sky-q-is-more-than-a-new-4k-box-it-s-the-connected-future-of-...

I think many of the menus resemble that of the new now TV set up.
8 REPLIES 8
BicBasher
Elite

It also appears, like the early days of Sky+ HD, they're going to keep providing a standard Sky+ HD product and Sky Q, with NOW TV providing low cost access to Sky channels.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know this is a late reply but Sky are taking over the world! (and Apple) haha

I predict Apple will one day go all Terminator Genisys Smiley Wink

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 don't forget amazon! I made the mistake of signing up to prime whilst it was on offer. I've since spent a fortune on Amazon plus it has music and video included. Prime is a bargain in my eyes for what in included

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I love Amazon but there is no way I could afford £79 at the moment. I heard you can pay monthly for prime video so one day I may just do that! I used to piggyback on Amazon Household for the free delivery service but it wasn't renewed so it's back to paying postage. Thankfully most of my orders are over the £20 mark, not that I order alot anymore, I build up to the £20 mark when I need stuff. Smiley Wink

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

Hi CaseyB

You said: "Thankfully most of my orders are over the £20 mark, not that I order alot anymore, I build up to the £20 mark when I need stuff."

That is exactly what I do as well, I refuse to pay a monthly or annual membership fee for something I may or may not use.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Glad i'm not the only one! £79 for all the benefits is a good deal but right now I don't exactly have that money to pay for it. If I could pay monthly for it all I would. Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

You know CaseyB

That £79 may be good value but I see it as being tied to one particular supplier until I can say I have had my money's worth.  And that, I believe, is what Amazon wants, i.e. you're tied into them.

One other thing, on behalf of my son I buy a lot anime and other DVDs which are only available in the US so I purchase them from Amazon US/Canada and, although not sure, I believe that £79 does not cover shipping/delivery from non-UK Amazon companies.

Uk Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yes, I see where you are coming from there.

I buy alot of Anime dvds (for myself) but they are so expensive. Smiley Frustrated