cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Sky Glass heralds the end of NOW TV

Sky Glass being launched today heralds the end for NOW TV: Sky Glass

This is the first version of Sky's long promised Sky over IP service, and will no doubt be swiftly followed by a set-top box variant (the Sky Glass TV will not be a big seller).

It would also explain why NOW TV is no longer manufacturing hardware, and attempts to maximise income from NOW TV users with their charges related to the Boost add-on.

34 REPLIES 34
Issac
Scholar

It Just seems to be a Sky TV with a built in Nowtv box? No Thanks!

lovebuguk
Scholar

LOL sky glass has it is now will be a flop haveing to buy a tv to use it ??? no thanks ill stick with the oled ive got ))) and to top it off you are in a contract  to use it ill stick with now tv.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I don’t think so.  I think Sky Glass will be a total flop.  And as for Sky over IP, that is unlikely to get a big take up  with the sports lag.

Now TV made a good decision to stop making hardware and having the app on a Fire Stick.  Makes more sense.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@chai,

The NOW box is still on Amazon and other retailers, also the NOW smart stick is still available... I don't think NOW will be going anywhere anytime soon as it is advertised as a budget tv service and they also offer NOW broadband!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You might want to look more closely at the prices of those Now items, and who is selling them. It certainly isn’t Now, and those certainly aren’t Now prices; just a few opportunists preying on the scarcity of these discontinued items.

But I am with you regarding the streaming and broadband services

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.