cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Selling used Now TV boxes - security issue

Some of you may decide to sell or give away a Now TV box that you have already used ... perhaps if you've upgraded to a Smart Box, for example.

Be sure to delete the box from your device list, and - most importantly - perform a Hard/Factory reset on the box before you part with it.  Otherwise the lucky recipient may be able to use your account to watch Now TV and meddle with your settings!

Wlat

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User good advice remember home x5 FF x3 RW x2 to get to factory reset screen. Also wise to have payment pin on.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
lenturn
Scholar 2

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User good advice remember home x5 FF x3 RW x2 to get to factory reset screen. Also wise to have payment pin on.
Or simply go into - System - Advanced System Settings - Factory Reset, and enter the code provided.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also worth remembering if there's no-one who wants the box and you don't want to sell it (or you're someone who buys lots of retail boxes for the passes inside) then you can return the box for free to be recycled by packing up (remove batteries)

To return your NOW TV Box, please have a look at this link here: www.help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-Box 

Better than all these unwanted boxes ending up in landfill.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

All excellent suggestions Smiley LOL