cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Roku Free Ad-Supported Streaming Service Channel (App)

The new free Roku ad-supported channel App is now available to watch in the UK 😀.

Just watched a little bit of Zulu on my Roku Stick Plus and the picture looks pretty decent to me where according to this linked article below it says streaming quality up to 1080p 😆.

The article also mentions the Roku Free channel App will be available on NowTV Sticks, where i am assuming they also mean NowTV boxes has well.

Checked my NowTV Smart 4K box and the Roku Channel App is not currently available yet.

There is some interesting stuff to watch on there but don't expect the latest or greatest being a free service after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/other/roku-e2-80-99s-free-ad-supported-streaming-service-is-coming... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chai 

Just to let you know that the Roku channel App has just landed on my NowTV 4K Smart box 😁.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Hi Schnapps

Cheers for the info, I've just added the new Roku Channel to my R3 Streamer and hope to check out the channel's offerings fairly soon.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chai 

Just to let you know that the Roku channel App has just landed on my NowTV 4K Smart box 😁.

chai
Scholar 3

@schnapps 

Thanks, Has appeared on my 4k box now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have 2 old black now tv boxes however the Roku channel is not listed in the app store.

My box supports Netflix ok. I am just wondering if the roku channel will be available for my boxes? 

If so will it be launched at later date?

Does anyone know ?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Roku App channel will be available on all NowTV branded devices apart from the first generation white NowTV boxes.

The App may take a day or so to be pushed out to all boxes.

Be patient and it will appear on your two NowTV Black boxes under the Apps Store.

Most of the content is B rated movies or old TV shows from the states.

Currently watching a Pink Floyd - Behind the Wall Music Documentary which is pretty good.

There is also a kids section, though they would need to be supervised when watching the App because they can easily jump back into the main home screen where there are things like horror movies etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I look fwd to the update and more choice for free. Happy days.

I also have a white box in my son's room which is good for the kids tv. But very outdated. No Netflix and no roku channel . Maybe time for an update.

Best wishes

huxley123
Scholar 2

The app appeared on my black box last night. Big selection of old films & TV, a lot of US stuff, but still plenty for me to find something to watch on it. e.g. some decent old Westerns.

I found my old white box became unusable so I bought a black box on eBay. Looks like lots of people were buying boxes with passes just to get the passes, I paid something like £8 delivered for one that was unused & parts still wrapped in cellophane,  just the box had been opened & pass removed.

ukbobboy
Legend

@huxley123  @schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Hux

You know, I guess that's why Now TV doesn't sell their devices with separate card passes anymore, the passes are now electronic and part of the devices.  Still, in the long run it will work out cheaper distributing electronic rather than paper passes.

Personally, I prefer the paper passes.

UK Bob 

huxley123
Scholar 2

Can anyone work out how to see what's on using the Roku Channel website?

I like to use a PC to make up some watch lists but the Roku website doesn't show the full selection of what's on. I can't even see a film category there.