cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control issue

Hey! My Nowtv smart box's remote control doesn't work for few minutes every time I turn it on. Is it supposed to be loading up that long or something? It's very annoying having to sit there and wait up to 5 minutes until I can do anything with my box. And that's after box is fully on and shows menus and etc. Any help or tips how to fix it it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally I click on the remote to wake up the box before I switch on the TV or change the input.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The smart box does have a deep sleep mode that takes around 30 seconds to awake from, but once the homescreen appears (with menu on left and tiles on right) you should be good to go. Assuming the remote works perfectly fine once you've got past the first few minutes you have trouble, I'd suggest doing a factory reset of the box to see i it makes any difference (settings > system > advanced system settings).

You will need to set up your wifi, NOW TV account details and Freeview tuning again if you do a factory reset.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally I click on the remote to wake up the box before I switch on the TV or change the input.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turning on box first and then TV solved the problem! Thanks Elite 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turning the TV on 1st hadn't resolved the problem for me. It is quite frustrating especially as my unit is brand new.

I also have an issue where your viewing the channel you want but then click into the menu to see what else is on. You cannot press back to return to your channel, you need to select it from the menu, or if viewing a free view channel click on the recently viewed channel box.

Equally frustrating, especially as my old Sky box could close the menu down quickly.