cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refunds?

I have just found out that I have been paying for now tv for a year now and didn't have a clue I was because I thought I cancelled my subscription long ago. I haven't been using it because my household already has an account. So I was wondering if anyone knew if refunds would be possible? 

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well B

As far as I'm aware, Now TV has refund policy of refunding a maximum of 4 months subscription fee.

And I guess, you may have to sue if you want all your money back.

However, you might find this help page useful:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

It would be a good idea then, and a fine example of customer service, if NowTV would adopt the policy of sendIng out an email reminder to anyone with a renewing pass that had not been used in three months.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi Roy

You said, "...reminder to anyone with a renewing pass that had not been used in three months."

No way, because Now TV probably makes a "fair chunk of change/money" from people forgetting that they have an unused account.

'Sides, there's no reason for Now TV to check weither you use their services or not, just that you have a valid payment method.

Cynical Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

‘Cynic: a blackguard who sees things as they are, and not how people would like them to be‘ (Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary) 😛

Thing is, people find out anyway, and then they get cross, and NowTV have to give them a refund. So it would be good PR to be proactive.

Though it does seem that people are either so rich they don’t care, or so poor that are too scared, to check their bank and credit card statements monthly...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi again Roy

You said, "Though it does seem that people are either so rich they don’t care, or so poor that are too scared, to check their bank and credit card statements monthly..."

Yeah, all I can day is....

Hammer on Head.jpg

(This was suppose to be "Hit the Nail on the Head")