Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recordable box

Is there any now tv devices you can record on? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

With NowTV bought through a BT TV subscription, you can now record any NowTV content available as a channel on BT TV. Even Sport, I am told.

Opinions differ as to whether your recordings persist for as long as you want them to, or turn into pumpkins at the same time as a download of one of these programmes would.

I don’t have BT TV, but maybe somebody out there knows the answer?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not aware of a method or a nowtv device for recording on, where nowtv is purely a streaming service.

Apart from NowTV Sports the majority of TV shows and movies are available on catch up or on demand so there is no need to record them.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Hey Schnapps

Maybe my poor old mind is playing tricks on me but didn't Now TV introduce a temporary recording facility sometime last year?

I vaguely remember you could not use a Now TV or Roku device but you could use a smart one.

However, since it was of no interest to me I just let it fade.

Or was it:

Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)

(The Temptations - 1971)

Singing Emoji 02.jpg

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

I believe what you was thinking of was the live pause feature on the nowtv black box, nowtv smart boxes and nowtv stick with up to a 30 minute saved buffer capacity when using the same live channel.

So it's not really a full function recording system has such 😡.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Naw Schnapps

It wasn't the pause facility, I was well aware of that one and like "temporary record"  it did not interest me either.

Anyway, I cannot find "hide nor hare" of the discussions I've seen (or thought I've seen) in this forum.

Still, not to worry, gonna listen to a new old album, from way back when, I've just bought from Amazon.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hey Schnapps

Guess what I just found:

Can I download shows or movies to watch offline?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline

Bat.png

Yeah, I knew I weren't going batty                                (well, not yet anyway).

Catch you later.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

I am not sure if I would class the off line download feature to be a recordable function.

Where with the download nowtv service you are restricted to watching back on a mobile device and I am more old school and like watching all my stuff on a large television screen. 

Also mobiles don't tend to have a large spare inbuilt capacity for storage (well my old mobile doesn't) should you wish to keep multiple recording data and once the download content leaves the NowTV service the content is removed from the mobile device it is stored on, so there is no way of keeping it and watching it back whenever you want in the long term. 

Anyway I got to admire your perseverance on this matter. 

Catch up with you soon.

schnapps.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Top o' the morning to you Schnapps

When it comes to 'ol' skool', your talking to the OG (original gangster) of Ol' Skool.

For me, like you, Recoding and Downloading are two different things but to a newbie or novice they are indistinguishable, that's why I said in my previous posting the facility, as I remember it, held no interest for me.

As for my perseverance, I was listening to a couple of cool albums, while perusing the forum, when I had a light bulb moment.

Ideas Emoji.jpg

And that, my forum friend, was that.

In the meantime

DJ Wearing Headphones.jpg

Laters (deliberate extra "s")

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, it is a shame though as I know everything is on catch up but I can’t bear to watch endless adverts so I watch most things from record. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for reference but most of Now TV on demand content actually has very little adverts unlike with the live channels, and certainly not during a show.