cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re white box

I have a now TV white box and have seen that from October this year I will not be able to use it, is this right, and are now going to replace the device and I don't have the money to buy one 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Check this thread out

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/NOW-TV-White-Box/m-p/539483 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

you can get the new sticks practically free at the likes of currys and argos, because they come with passes of a similar value. argos have one now at £25 which includes 1 months cinema, 1 months entertainment and a 1 day sports pass. they should work for existing customers, without having to sign up again or anything. the passes on their own would cost more than £25, so the stick is pretty much free. so long as you want the passes of course.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand that, but due to circumstances we only have one pass a month as cannot afford any more so would not be able to afford £25,   but thank you 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Head onto Live chat to see if they can get you sorted. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, emailed them and was told basically tough buy a new device,  terrible service 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Why would someone expect to get the latest hardware for free? The white box is years old and were given away for free in the first place. Would one expect their mobile phone company to replace their mobile phone when it becomes obsolete or stops working for free? There is no such thing as free! We all pay the price for it through increased subscription costs.

The Now TV black box is selling on eBay used for £9.99. If you're that skint that you cannot afford to spend £9.99 on replacing an obsolete box that has provided you with years of service then maybe you shouldn't waste what little money you do have on subscription services such as Now TV.