cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shell5
Occasional Poster

Re: Subtitles

Glad that Sky are moving in the right direction with putting subtitles on - albeit added very slowly!! However, what's even more disappointing than lack of availability for prime shows such as Game of Thrones is that the subtitles for a couple if the movies are considerably behind from the speech!!

Has the fault of subtitles lagging behind been reported previoisly and if so is there a timeframe for it to be fixed? Also, can you tell me will subtitles be available for the upcoming series of GOT?
Thanks
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@shell5 wrote:
Has the fault of subtitles lagging behind been reported previoisly and if so is there a timeframe for it to be fixed? 

On most occasions subtitle lagging can be playback device specific, as they are rendered/processed separately. 

For anyone seeing this particular issue. It would be useful if you could all confirm the make and model of playback device(s)?

Cheers 

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Barleyman
Occasional Poster

Just ordered BT Internet / TV  service yesterday. Who cares what channels you have at what price point if I can't follow what's going on. I'd sooner learn to read from lips properly than NowTv adds live subtitles. 

0 Thanks
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Re: subtitles

@Eddie-M wrote:

Hi @jimororke

@SeeMoreDigital is correct and more devices and content will be updated over the coming weeks and months the below are available now.

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

Movies

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
  • Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Deadpool
  • Jungle Book, The (2016)
  • Zootropolis
  • How to Be Single
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
  • Zoolander 2
  • Hail, Caesar!
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Biscuit Eater
  • Amistad.
  • The Fox and the Hound
  • Paulie
  • Bus Stop
  • El Dorado
  • Goofy Movie
  • Anaconda
  • Frog Games
  • Sixteen
  • Mr. Magoo
  • Proof Of Life
  • Oxford Murders
  • Lassie
  • The Perfect Guy
  • Son of the Mask 

Just an update to @Eddie-M slightly out of date subtitle list. There are now over 300 content entries with subtitles on. As far as I'm aware. Subtitles are also available on most devices, excluding the following

• Phones and tablets
  • Xbox 360
  • Xbox one
  • LG TVs

I'm looking forward to the functionality being available on LG TVs and Xbox one in particular I hope we won't have to wait too long

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
shell5
Occasional Poster

Thanks for your reply ☺x
0 Thanks
Drifty
Occasional Poster

Re: no subtitles!

still no subtitles

0 Thanks
Duckdown
First Poster

Its just to get u into having there sky channels, its rubbish as people hard of hearing havent got the right to enjoy the premium channels after being suckered in
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hi @Duckdown,

Are referring to the lack of subtitles when viewing the 'live streamed' channels. If-so, it might be (quite) a while before this happens...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Drifty
Occasional Poster

still no subtitles on Entertainment

0 Thanks
johntimmin09
First Poster

Re: subs for deaf people

dear sir or madam 

Re Sub  

we r deaf and we cant hear any of this.. had joined nowtv now to found out we havent got subs on and not happy about it 14 days if we like it but no subs to read what they say on films or any.

would u please add the service for subs for deaf people. if you did add subs we cant find any of this. 

please reply as u can

john

0 Thanks