cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Subtitles are here [at last]

That's great news @commanda6 Smiley LOL

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
ad81
Contributor 1

Re: Quality of Subtitles

Hi,

I have watched a couple of films including Money Monster, Imperium etc. and I beleive there is a problem with the content files, the subtitles are missing every 5-10 minutes. I have replayed all the offending sections and it is still missing the same sentences. Have not recorded any timestamps at this stage and I have been using my Samsung TV NowTV app.

Ad81

0 Thanks
ad81
Contributor 1

Slow updating of subtitles support

Hi,

According to this page on NowTV:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

It says "We've already added subtitles for over 80 movies, plus all new movies we add will have subtitles available. So keep an eye open for the S symbol on all your favourite films."

Lately, none of the recently added new movies (such as Warcraft) have subtitles and I have been monitoring how much subtitles have been added lately using the database (http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/subtitles.php) provided by a member of the community and within the last week alone, only one or two films have been added with subtitles.

Previously the NowTV subtitles page mentioned that 10 films will be added with subtitles every day and this has been changed to over 80 movies now have subtitles.

What is causing the slowdown of adding subtitles?

Thank you.

Ad81

Champion 5

Re: Slow updating of subtitles support

Hi @ad81,

As you can see your two new topics have been merged into this existing topic about the same subject...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Diane412
First Poster

Re: subtitles

I am of the opinion nowtv is delaying the installation of subtitles because Sky wants some differences to remain. Believe me I will never return to a Sky subscription and if I am only getting a partial service in Nowtv that will go too. I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon prime who do manage to provide subtitles. Why would I continue with this substandard service if promises are not delivered?
0 Thanks
Champion 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Diane412,

As you may have noticed your post has been moved into this 'newer' subtitles topic. Subtitles are currently being rolled out 😉

0 Thanks
rubbishsky
Occasional Poster

Re: Subtitles

No subtitles=no customer (me!)

0 Thanks
Champion 5

Subtitles are here...

Hi and welcome to the forum @rubbishsky,

As you may have noticed your post has been moved into this 'newer' subtitles topic. Subtitles are currently being rolled out Smiley Wink

0 Thanks
Chris109
First Poster

you have been saying this for well since now tv came out it has always been soon

how soon is soon ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on this is the 21 century for crying out loud .

none of the top titles have subtitles you are so behind with the times .

let me add you are discriminating against the hard of hearing

Netflix do it

Amazon do it

why not now tv

just glad i won 3months free on Macdonalds lol

wont be carrying on with subscription

0 Thanks
Carole-Mike
Occasional Poster

This is a great idea it would be so much easy with a 'sub-titles' category under Movies.

0 Thanks