cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I take it all back.  Subs now available and welcome even 24 hours late.  🙂

RoyB
Legend

🤕3 hours too late for us 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks.  I'll know who to ask next time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i use chrome on a pc connected to my tv to watch now tv through their player software as their windows 10 app has become yet another abomination of their incompetence.

Subtitles are all over the place, they often get stuck and mostly are minutes behind the scene they should be for.

Its only because of cheap now tv voucher codes i even still bother.

Now tv admit it, your embarassed right ? You are the amateurs of the streaming world and even after all the years have gone by you cant fix something all the other major streaming companies do with ease.

Even the now tvplayer has to be signed into every single time which is a nightmare.

Shocking service, i really wish you would go out of business so netflix or amazon would buy the shows you have and i could watch them in a decent manner.

Fade away Now Tv....fade away !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The boss of NowTV promised last year that we would be able to get subtitles on movie and entertainment package. This hasn't happened. My wife is hard of hearing and it ruins her viewing pleasure. If this facility is not going to be available we'll need to go back to Virgin ot TalkTalk. We like Now TV so please help us out.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Actually, subtitle support has started being added to the NOW TV service. Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months.

The number of TV series and movies with subtitles is currently quite small but this is growing every week 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

@SeeMoreDigital is correct and more devices and content will be updated over the coming weeks and months the below are available now.

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

Movies

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
  • Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Deadpool
  • Jungle Book, The (2016)
  • Zootropolis
  • How to Be Single
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
  • Zoolander 2
  • Hail, Caesar!
  •  
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Biscuit Eater
  • Amistad.
  • The Fox and the Hound
  • Paulie
  • Bus Stop
  • El Dorado
  • Goofy Movie
  • Anaconda
  • Frog Games
  • Sixteen
  • Mr. Magoo
  • Proof Of Life
  • Oxford Murders
  • Lassie
  • The Perfect Guy
  • Son of the Mask 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles are not availbale for the movies you have stated. I have tried every device where Now TV is available for Deadpool, The Jungle Book, Captain America Civil War, Batman V Superman and Hail Caesar and subtitles are not available. Surely this should be standard with everything that is on Now TV, how is the feature not available when subtitles are provided on every other streaming service?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Subtitles are not availbale for the movies you have stated. I have tried every device where Now TV is available for Deadpool, The Jungle Book, Captain America Civil War, Batman V Superman and Hail Caesar and subtitles are not available. Surely this should be standard with everything that is on Now TV, how is the feature not available when subtitles are provided on every other streaming service?

As I mentioned above... "Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months."

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

As I mentioned above... "Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months."

@Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital subtitles are available on standard Roku devices as well, which when you think about it makes perfect sense Smiley Wink but as you say subtitles will hopefully be rolled out to other devices soon 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.