cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Momo74
First Poster

Re: Subtitles

Yes same for me
I'm deaf and need subtitles. Its really sad in this day and age that a disability cannot be accommodated for. I'm desperate to watch game of thrones but it's not to be 😡
JJ57
First Poster

@Eddie-M wrote:

Hi @Drumilly

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the community forum. Currently subtitles are available on the following programs/Movies

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

These are available on The Normal Black box and the Smart Box.

More will follow soon 🙂

What an absolute joke, 

Mid-Morning Matters series 1, no longer available (Series 2 doesn't have subtitles)

Bring The Noise doesn't have subtltles

So that's 1 series in the entertainment package that has subtitles!

I've given up waiting and will be trying Netflix at expiry of my current pass.

0 Thanks
rudidoodles
Contributor 1

Almost a year on Now TV is still adding brand new shows, which they've commisioned themselves, without subtitles.  If it doesn't have subtitles then it isn't ready for release.  Would they release a show without audio?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @rudidoodles

I have noticed in the last few days NowTV have added subtitles to Tin Star, Big Little Lies and somebody else also mentioned Greys Anatomy.

Suppose it's a start.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @rudidoodles

Made a mistake in my above post it wasn't Greys Anatomy that had the subtitles added it was season 1 & 5 of Elementary Smiley Embarassed

0 Thanks
Silverlight002
Occasional Poster

Eddie - it's pointless and misleading to state "more subtitled shows added soon"

Now TV have barely added any subtitled content in 12 months.

I cancelled my subscription because Now TV does not consider subtitled content to be a priority.
0 Thanks
Naomi-K
Contributor 3

Hi there,

We promise that NOW TV are working hard to get subtitles added to a majority of the entertainment titles.

There is a few legal requirements to do this so we need these to clear first.

We promise we are aware of the need and we are working hard to get the BAU pushed through for substitles in the future

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

0 Thanks
hamiltonm
First Poster

had a free trial a few years ago - used it f or a few days only - no subtitles so didnt bother any further -

again a free trial offer still no subtitles - think its best to stick with netflix and not bother again with now tv - its seems just a waste of time again ...

0 Thanks
Barleyman
Occasional Poster

@Naomi-Kwrote:

Hi there,

We promise that NOW TV are working hard to get subtitles added to a majority of the entertainment titles.

We promise we are aware of the need and we are working hard to get the BAU pushed through for substitles in the future

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

"Few remaining legal requirements", translation: We're trying to figure out just how long we can drag introducing proper subtitling without getting some kind of sanctions. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Craig_82
Contributor 1

@Barleymanwrote:

@Naomi-Kwrote:

Hi there,

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

"Few remaining legal requirements", translation: We're trying to figure out just how long we can drag introducing proper subtitling without getting some kind of sanctions. 

Pretty much, new movies get it added which is great.  However for entertainment titles it's poor.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, I-Player, ITV Player all can manage it, but Now TV cannot.  Thinking of cancelling the Entertainment and use Kodi instead at least there is an add-on to use subtitles!

0 Thanks