cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really? What are the offerings of subtitles available within the entertainment package now please??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

5 months after purchasing now TV I have cancelled it. The lack of subtitled content is disgraceful and no new content has been added for months. Basically catering for those who are deaf or hard of hearing is not important to Now TV and Sky. If you need subtitles do not waste your money in Now TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Those 3 programmes on entertainment package are the same ones you launched with. Its not grown at all!!!!! You are a bunch of liars!!!!! That's a FACT!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV say that they will have subtitles by mid-2018 because that is when they 'have' to due to the change in the regulations. So basically if they 'have' to provide subtitles they probably still wouldn't spend the require money to provide them.

Other providers don't seem to have any 'technical' problems in suplying subtitles so one can only conclude that the issue is more financial - as in NowTV won't spend the money to provide subtitles any sooner than they 'have' to it is not financially worth it for such a relativily small number of potential customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes same for me
I'm deaf and need subtitles. Its really sad in this day and age that a disability cannot be accommodated for. I'm desperate to watch game of thrones but it's not to be 😡
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Almost a year on Now TV is still adding brand new shows, which they've commisioned themselves, without subtitles.  If it doesn't have subtitles then it isn't ready for release.  Would they release a show without audio?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have noticed in the last few days NowTV have added subtitles to Tin Star, Big Little Lies and somebody else also mentioned Greys Anatomy.

Suppose it's a start.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Made a mistake in my above post it wasn't Greys Anatomy that had the subtitles added it was season 1 & 5 of Elementary Smiley Embarassed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eddie - it's pointless and misleading to state "more subtitled shows added soon"

Now TV have barely added any subtitled content in 12 months.

I cancelled my subscription because Now TV does not consider subtitled content to be a priority.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

We promise that NOW TV are working hard to get subtitles added to a majority of the entertainment titles.

There is a few legal requirements to do this so we need these to clear first.

We promise we are aware of the need and we are working hard to get the BAU pushed through for substitles in the future

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Many Thanks,

Naomi K