cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really would like to know why? Every other website can offer subtitles. Why on earth u don't? I would like to know the very technical issues so please break it down for me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so I just purchased a 2 month pass to NOW TV. My first port of call, "Riveria." Unfortunately due to the almost constant music in the background it's almost impossible to follow the dialogue. WHERE ARE THE SUBTITLES? Isn't Sky some sort of multi-billion dollar company? What a disgrace.  Come on, a few quid/bucks spent on subtitling shows like this would be money well spent. Here's the deal. I'm watching "Riviera" to its bitter, music background dominated end, mainly because I've heard great things about it. I will be NOT be renewing after my two months are up. I'll subscribe again once subtitles are universally applied to all drama shows and movies.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sadly, subtitle support is still a bit 'thin on the ground' for the many TV series that NOW TV offers is growing. As has the compatible device list...

If you're interested there maybe a bit more info within this topic...

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Has anybody noticed that LG TVs now have subtitle functionalitySmiley Wink at least my webOS LG TVs do anywaySmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

Has anybody noticed that LG TVs now have subtitle functionalitySmiley Wink at least my webOS LG TVs do anywaySmiley Happy

Nice one... It would appear that version 2.27.0 of the NOW TV app has finally introduced support for them. Smiley Wink

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Slightly surprised that Tin Star doesn't have subtitles, given that it's a significant show which Sky have made themselves.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User given your comment let's hear from you as to what other programs now support subtitles. Your quote was "Slot more will be updated soon"
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want to bring to anyone at now TV how really realy terrible your subtitles are I have watched many films and they are so out of sink you don't  have  a. Clue. What is going on subtitles are not supposed to be the words just randomly throne at the screen .I also have Netflix and their subtitles are spot on.are you trying to fix this as I want to keep my now TV if problem is going to be sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The subtitles of all Now Tv content that I watch on my Roku are constantly behind - by at least 2 minutes or so. It was suggested in a previous post that this may be my Internet connection - however I don't see how it could be. It doesn't happen on my Amazon Prime, Netflix or general Catch Up TV. Only on Now Tv. Disappointing. 😕
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please tell @Anonymous User what other subtitles are now available since your last message,????