cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Too many pronouns, or reply too far removed from what it’s replying to 🤔

What doesn’t what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it might be about the same subject but there's no logical explanation as to why now TV is not providing subtitles.

Why isn't the provision of this essential service taken seriously and why is there no explanation in sign up that your subtitled content is less than 1%?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every game of thrones dvd has subtitles.

Almost every film DVDs I buy has subtitles.

Why doesn't now TV offer subtitles please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

unfortunately none of the kids programs have subtitles available we are adding more and more content with subtitles every day however currently we are focusing on the Entertainment and Cinema pass with the hopes that Kids programs will then be updated.

Also @Anonymous User

We have over 200 movies available with subtitles currently with every new movie we add having subtitle support. Also we are starting to update shows on the entertainment pass with the newest season of Game of Thrones having subtitles available now. More will be updated soon.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Eddie.

However unless there is a plan or clear committment to update shows with subtitles this may take years.

Is there a plan please to update current shows with Subtitles?

Is there a committment that ALL new Entertainment shows with have subtitles going forward please?

Is there a committment that ALL new movies will have subtitles going forward please?

At the moment our household cannot "watch" previous versions of Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful etc because there are no subtitles on these shows but subtitles are availbale on DVD's for all of these .

If I can rip a DVD with subtitles and play it on my PC with subtitles then why can't NOW TV do the same with their boxes - technically it's an easy no-brainer and one person could crack the back catalogie in a few weeks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us.

The plan and comittment is to have subtitles updated on our content as soon as we can.

The larger plan is to have subtitles on all content via Now TV before Mid-2018 because that is when the law will change that subtitles must be available. We are doing what can now to have them available as soon as possible. The content sent to us does not have subtitles and it is something we are working hard on with the studios to have done as soon as it can be.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"The larger plan is to have subtitles on all content via Now TV before Mid-2018 because that is when the law will change that subtitles must be available. We are doing what can now to have them available as soon as possible. The content sent to us does not have subtitles and it is something we are working hard on with the studios to have done as soon as it can be."

Hey! It's past mid 2018.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I've been away from Now TV since 2017 and what's changed I wondered within that time. Answer: Very Little - Shame on you NOW TV - YESTERDAY TV, WE DON'T CARE AND OR LISTEN TV. I have a transcript from one of your agents Tom that you should see Tom. I can gladly forward it. I also wish to know from you the Complaint Policy from within NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when I get subtitles on now they are always out of sync or just stop

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie - thanks for the reply.

However all seasons of Game of Thrones has subtitles as does almost all HBO content so clearly this is Now TV inertia / lack of commitment in making this available.

I'm sorry to push but subtitles are an essential service to many viewers.

Please can you send me details of Now TV CEO,?

Thanks