cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the trial had not ended.  More content will be released in due course. It will be the responsibility of the providers of non Sky owned channels to provide subtitles.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ellie
Let's hope it's sooner rather than later!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles have arrived!

We’ve started to add subtitles for selected on demand movies and shows on the Sky Cinema Month Pass and NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass.

At the moment you can get subtitles using the black NOW TV Box and NOW TV Smart Box, as well as on Apple TV. And we’ll be adding them to even more of our devices soon.

If you see an S symbol in the show information, then subtitles are available:

--

I have been looking for over 30 minutes I haven't found anything with subtitles.

What can I see with them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased a now tv box and tried out the Entertainment pass. I must have tried at least 50 different programs and didn't find one that displayed subtitles. This is dissapointing as my wife needs them. 

Now TV is way behind the times. If Now TV bring out a statement saying subs will be incorporated into their programs they should abide with it. I don't expect it to happen overnight but I didn't find one program in 50.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the community forum. Currently subtitles are available on the following programs/Movies

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

Movies

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
  • Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Deadpool
  • Jungle Book, The (2016)
  • Zootropolis
  • How to Be Single
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
  • Zoolander 2
  • Hail, Caesar! 
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Biscuit Eater
  • Amistad.
  • The Fox and the Hound
  • Paulie
  • Bus Stop
  • El Dorado
  • Goofy Movie
  • Anaconda
  • Frog Games
  • Sixteen
  • Mr. Magoo
  • Proof Of Life
  • Oxford Murders
  • Lassie
  • The Perfect Guy
  • Son of the Mask 

These are available on The Normal Black box and the Smart Box.

More will follow soon 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes lots of films with subtitles which are out of synchronization so badly you don't have a clue what's going on

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the community forum. Currently subtitles are available on the following programs/Movies

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

These are available on The Normal Black box and the Smart Box.

More will follow soon 🙂

What an absolute joke, 

Mid-Morning Matters series 1, no longer available (Series 2 doesn't have subtitles)

Bring The Noise doesn't have subtltles

So that's 1 series in the entertainment package that has subtitles!

I've given up waiting and will be trying Netflix at expiry of my current pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix's committment to accessibility is amazing when it comes to subtitles. You should check out Mr Bean, they even subtitled the song in the intro which is actually latin, and converted it into English. Even Netflix's trailers have subtitles so hands down Netflix is the best for subtitles. I have not found one show on Netflix that doesn't provide subtitles.

Sky on the other hand? Well...it's a 19th century company in the 21st century.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If it's not ended why have I not heard ANYTHING from now TV since being offered to register footing a high level complaint? Likewise I see your FAQ now states subtitles are available on selected programmes/film. Do share which they are here..