cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Quest HD Launches on Freeview

Just read this news article that Quest HD is coming to Freeview starting tomorrow the 14th of August 2018 Smiley Happy.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/quest-hd-launches-on-freeview.html#K2exxW3T2...

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

All new HD channels greatfully received..... one day all our tele' will be HD!!!!!!!

I think the Quest folk had to move quickly after the god-awful picture quality of their EFL Highlights show on Freeview SD the other day??  Might now be worth watching??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So long as you are in an area which receives COM8 and haven't needed to retune recently you are good to go.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

My local TV transmitter is Wenvo (South East Wales) where i get both COM7 & COM8 Multiplexes Smiley Happy

Some good info here about COM 7 & 8 Multiplexes (don't know how up to date the article is mind, but should give a good general idea).

https://www.a516digital.com/p/com7-and-com8.html

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Done a fresh TV channels retune on my YouView Box, NowTV Smart Box and inbuilt TV Tuner on my Panasonic Television and all three devices picked up the new Quest HD station on channel 114 Smiley Very Happy

The HD picture looks pretty good to me, not sure i will be watching much stuff on this channel apart from The British Superbikes Racing, but not complaining about an extra HD channel added to the Freeview service.

Personally i would have loved to see Film 4 offered on the Freeview HD service Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:

@schnapps wrote:

Personally i would have loved to see Film 4 offered on the Freeview HD service

we need E4 available in HD first @schnapps. That really would be something if Channel 4 decided to make E4 available in HD and Freeview is a four often shows a lot of US dramas that aren't on here

Channel 4 actually has enough capacity on Freeview available to them to make both E4 and Film 4 available in HD . They could do it by swapping Channel 4 +1 HD for E4 HD and 4seven HD for Film 4 HD, but unfortunately I can't see that happening any time in the near future because of agreements with pay-TV providers.

But if they did what I have suggested above it would significantly improve the overall selection of HD content available on Freeview

@commanda6@schnapps

E4 HD on Freeview, a big yes.... Film 4 HD??  I'll trade you for More4 HD, just because I'm more of a TV man than a Film man...... but in general, a Channel 4 shake-up of their HD offerings on Freeview would be most welcome.  However, I'm guessing all the 4 family HD channels we really want are well and truly stuck behind that pay-tv wall for the forseeable future???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

The HD picture looks pretty good to me, not sure i will be watching much stuff on this channel apart from The British Superbikes Racing, but not complaining about an extra HD channel added to the Freeview service.

@schnapps  Yes, the picture quality for the new Quest HD looks quite good and like yourself I'm not too sure what I'll watch on it...... however, now that it is in a part of the guide that I check most often I'll no doubt channel surf across the odd gem??

Quest do seem to be picking up more and more Sports rights, so will be interesting to see what will appear there in the future, like the British Superbikes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any plans to launch quest  od catch up service to now tv smart boxes.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Personally i would have loved to see Film 4 offered on the Freeview HD service Smiley Sad

we need E4 available in HD first @schnapps. That really would be something if Channel 4 decided to make E4 available in HD on Freeview. E4 often shows a lot of US dramas that aren't on here.

Channel 4 actually has enough capacity on Freeview available to them to make both E4 and Film 4 available in HD . They could do it by swapping Channel 4 +1 HD for E4 HD and 4seven HD for Film 4 HD, but unfortunately I can't see that happening any time in the near future because of agreements with pay-TV providers.

But if they did what I have suggested above it would significantly improve the overall selection of HD content available on Freeview

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.