cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Prodigal Son

Can anybody tell me why NowTV are only airing the first 7 episodes of Prodigal Son when the season is 20 episodes long? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Haven't watched this TV show, but it looks like it being aired weekly on Sky One, where the next episode 8 will be broadcasted live & exclusive on Sky One at 9pm tomorrow, then i would expect episode 8 to be added to NowTV Catch up.

Where Episode 9 will follow the same time the week after in 7 days time.

Screenshot_2020-09-14-19-28-27.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer 👍🏻

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What you absolutely must bare in mind with Sky is that they will not pick up every TV show straight away. 

This often happens with FBI, SWAT and Blacklist to name a few.

Most of the time Sky wait till the season is finished to start airing it here in the UK. 

Only on Sky Atlantic will most shows be aired within the same week or month. Like Ray Donovan, Game of Thrones etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Some series, e.g. Little Birds, are released to catchup in their entirety as soon as Episode 1 is streamed.

Others are released only week by week, as each episode airs live. Prodigal Son is one of these.

I do not know what determines the difference, whether it is rights issues, maximising the live audience, or what, I am afraid.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.