cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems accessing new episodes on NowTV app on iphone

Since yesterday I can’t seem to access new episodes of programmes I’m currently watching on the NowTV app on my iPhone, I try selecting the programme I want to watch under Currently Watchinb and normally that displays all the episodes and I then select the latest episode to watch, but now it’s not doing anything when I try and display the episodes. If I use the search function then I can get a list of the episodes but the latest one is all greyed out (and not in the way it is when it just not available yet, it’s not displaying the available date and I know the new episode should be available). I’ve tried deleting the app off my phone and reinstalling it but that hasn’t worked.

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does it happen on your other playback devices apart from your smartphone ?

If your other playback devices work with new episodes, then what happens if you start watching on them and then jump to your Continue Watching section on your iPhone.

Have you tried picking up the TV show episodes by adding them to your Watchlist instead of your Continue Watching or Search method ?

I don't own an iPhone or iPad, but can you give an example of the latest TV episodes you are unable to watch on your iPhone, then perhaps another forum member can check these particular episodes out on their iPhone ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @schnapps
Thanks for your response. 
It’s the only device I use, I just cast to the TV from my phone. My laptop is busted and NowTV is awful to use from the website anyway. 
I’ve tried the Watchlist suggestion and it’s doing the same thing. 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you have tried watching on your iPhone screen without casting and nothing happens.

And also starting casting to your Chromecast dongle first, then press the play button on your iPhone NOW App.

Can't really help much because i don't own an iPhone or use my Chromecast devices for watching NOW.

Apart from the basics such has power down the iPhone and then restart it, plus do the same to your Chromecast and Router then i am out of ideas if you have already downloaded a fresh NOW App from your iPhone Apps Store.

I am assuming the old episodes run fine on both your iPhone screen and over Chromecast ?

If nobody else comes up with suggestions on the forum, then pop over to NOW live chat for further assistance and help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of interest what's the latest episodes you are having issues on your iPhone with ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@schnapps
The Resident and The Good Doctor 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming it's Episode 4 of The Resident and not Episode 5 which is not available until Friday and Episode 1 of the latest season of The Good Doctor and not Episode 2 which isn't available until next Tuesday.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's Episode 4 of The Resident and Episode 1 of Season 5 of The Good Doctor and these two episodes don't work on your iPhone or casting (assuming you have set your smartphone to the correct region and not using any VPN service) then jump over to NOW live chat for further assistance.

Do you need a link to NOW live chat ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @schnapps
Yes, that’s correct. 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't seen anybody else on the forum or over on NOW Twitter report that these two episodes aren't available to watch on thier iPhone has of yet.

Because I haven't got an iPhone or iPad I can't check this myself (unless another forum member can see if they are seeing the same issue).

Where your best bet is to contact NOW live chat so they can look into it further.

When contacting live chat let them know if you are based in the UK or Republic of Ireland and confirm the OS version number of your iPhone you are running plus the two TV shows and season / episode numbers in question.

Have you got the contact details for NOW live chat?