cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Prime and Disney+

I can see this has been asked in the past, but things may have changed. Can you get amazon prime video and Disney+ on a NOWTV box? Both available on SkyQ.

My box is a 4500SK. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Prime Video App No (can't see it happening in either the short or medium term).

Disney Plus App is due shortly before the end of Spring 2020 the last i heard.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Prime Video App No (can't see it happening in either the short or medium term).

Disney Plus App is due shortly before the end of Spring 2020 the last i heard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for the quick reply. What's the answer, get another roku box that's not a 'sky' locked one? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep a full blown Roku Player is the way to go if you don't mind spending the extra money for the hardware.

i own the Roku Stick Plus which is a nice bit of kit and hasn't let me down for the two years that i have been using it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Again from reading some older posts, in the past people have had issues downloading apps from roku app store? And using the roku phone app in the UK, have these issues been rectified now?  I can see Disney+ lists Roku as a usable device, but I'm guessing you have to be able to get the app.

Regards. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I personally never had a problem downloading Apps from the Roku channels on my Roku Stick Plus or using the Roku Remote App on my phone (though i don't usually use my smartphone when using the Roku Remote App).

Amazon Prime Video App works for me, but i have seen a couple of reports of Audio out of sync on one of the newer software updates.

I haven't used the Roku Stick Plus in the last month or so, where it is in the back Cinema Room and haven't checked for the Disney Plus App on it (not interested in DIsney Plus myself) but i know from reading articles on the internet that Disney Plus is available on UK Roku Players.

I could find out for you if you wish by getting the Roku from the Cinema Room and plugging into the Lounge TV if you want me to double check ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is the link to the official Roku UK website and it shows Disney Plus on the front home page.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/ 

Might be worth having a look around on the above website to see the list of channels (Apps) that are available for UK customers and UK purchased players.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Below is a link too the Disney+ page on the Roku UK channel/app store. The fact that I could find this means is available on roku is the UK 😁

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/291097/disney-plus

also see @ukbobboy post above 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @commanda6 

Thanks, Yeah i know Disney Plus is available to Roku UK customers have you got the channel on your Roku player yet to reassure @Anonymous User .

Saves me time double checking my Roku Player in the back Cinema Room which i haven't used in couple of weeks.

Anybody having any Audio sync issues with the Amazon Prime Video App ?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @schnapps 

my Roku isn't plugged in at the moment as a few months ago I brought a Amazon fire 4K stick and have been using that instead as there are a couple of services that I like that aren't supported on Roku, but are on Amazon fire stick that seems to be happening a bit more often lately an increasing number of services beyond the main ones aren't taking Roku support in the UK to seriously. 

Roku hardware is of course used a lot in the UK, but I think most of it is now now TV branded so I think some of the smaller services think that people don't use Roku a lot in the UK, but of course we do. The issue is that the services need to approach now TV/sky have their apps made available on now TVs platform

some months ago now. Roku changed their website so that you could see what was in the channel store by looking at the website. You can even now have channels push to your Roku devices remotely by using the website and within 24 hours the box will do its daily update cycle and all the channels you requested will be pushed to your Roku. You can of course perform a manual update. If you want the channels sooner. 

I should point out to @Anonymous User that if you have anything older than the Roku 3  Disney plus won't be available to you. If you have anything later than that you will be fine.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.