cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte1
Mentor

Powys

Hello all

I'm beginning to become desperate and entirely fed up with Now tv! My cousin (who I allowed previous access to) has been using it without my knowledge, I now see he's even bought the cinema package, I can't get through to an actual person at now tv, only a bot who says I'm not entitled to a refund due to it being more then 24 hours later.

I've changed my pin code for the parental and payment, he would never guess my password which makes me think his device isn't asking for it! Does anyone know if he would be able to get past my pins please? Now tv are a joke, beyond ridiculous. 

Thanks in advance

Charlotte 

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

Sorry to see this. Make sure you change the password also. And then contact NOW using live chat to explain the situation, asking them to clear all existing devices from your account. If they are sympathetic to your case they may well even offer a refund. Click here and make sure you use the Chat online button near the top of the page.

Charlotte1
Mentor

Thanking you, very helpful 😊

RoyB
Legend

@Charlotte1 

You are correct - with a ‘persistent’ Now App, as it is on TVs and Sticks, he doesn’t need to give the password all the time, like you do on phones and tablets, and once in, he stays in, even if you change the password.

Now Live Chat can blow everyone off your account, but we customers can’t blow people off our accounts. It used to be possible, but Now broke the functionality, and show no signs of ever repairing it for us 😢

As you have learned the hard way, possibly, never give anyone access to your Now account without having first set a Payment PIN. In fact, set one anyway. Oh, and cancel that Membership right now, as well, so it isn’t ongoing,

But have you talked to your cousin, told him what he has done? Perhaps when he realises, he will be only too happy to repay you; in which case perhaps let him have the benefit of it until the next renewal date, when it stops anyway if cancelled, and only then blow him off.

However, if he declines to repay you, blow him off at once, just being careful not to start a blood feud that will go down the generations, with people snubbing each other at weddings, and over Christmas, and so on. Simples 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Charlotte1
Mentor

Ahahaha 🤣 a brilliant reply! Many thanks. We are already estranged, I was hoping to set up a nice accumulation of last seen videos on Now Tv, but I can't seem to find any films or entertainment programs that say "###### you, you bottom feeding, shady ass, broke ######" 🤷‍♀️ go figure.

Charlotte1
Mentor

Riddle me this .... my response to my last comment was a WOMAN shrugging her arms emoji, but now I see a MALE emoji with a FEMALE symbol, why? When I did not add a symbol, I simply placed a female shrugging emoji, interesting, don't you think? 

RoyB
Legend

@Charlotte1 

Yes, I’ve seen this too, though I see a female emoji on your post, and a female symbol.

Do we think emojis have gone gender-fluid? 🤷

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Charlotte1
Mentor
  • Yes, I believe gender fluid emojis are now being forced upon us. I'd love to show the screen shot I've just taken showing the emoji, but I can't share it, colour me surprised!