cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayach
Elite 3

Posting images on the forum

Due to a problem I had on the forum, I've started again from a new user. I know the forum rankings are:

First Poster
Occasional Poster
Contributor 1-5
Regular 1-5
Helper 1-5
Advocate 1-5
Scholar 1-5
Mentor 1-5
Expert 1-5
Elite 1-5
Champion 1-5
Legend 1-5

But does anyone know the level/criteria to be able to post images?

24 REPLIES 24
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jayach 

It used to be a low ranking level, see link thread below (taken from the NOW News & Information section on the Community where the information hasn't been amended by NOW).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/About-the-Community/Site-Features/m-p/61194#M637 

This has changed a while back, where you now need a higher ranking level or hit a certain criteria before access is permitted.

I have no idea the level or criteria required.

Perhaps @Karl-F can advise and maybe get the above link i posted updated accordingly ?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps and @Jayach , 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Please forgive me it's been awhile since I've been on the Community. 

I've had a look behind the scenes and from looking at your current rank, I would assume that you should have the ability to upload an image. 

I might need to take this away and have a look into this further to understand what is happening here. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jayach 

Out of curiosity what internet devices have you tried ?

I am sure it's something on NOW end because a few people have asked this in the last year or so where there is no option to add an image from their NOW Community tool message box (even after going up the ranking levels).

On my Android devices the camera or picture icon symbol is there or if you see the three horizontal dots within the message tool box and click on it, there will be further tools that can be used.

I know there was bug with the iPad where you had to use in either Landscape or Portrait mode (can't remember which and i don't own any iOS devices to check if fixed or not).

Hopefully @Karl-F will get to the bottom of it.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Jayach @schnapps @Karl-F I believe new users can still upload images but they're hosted on an external site instead of embedded into the thread.

There should be a little chain link symbol icon above the message box which will generate a URL in the body of the comment.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Saint1976 

On my previous user name I could paste images directly into the post, now I can't and get a red banner that says "You do not have permission to upload images."

I'd post a picture of it if I could, buy I can't. LOL

Jayach
Elite 3

@Saint1976 wrote:

@Jayach @schnapps @Karl-F I believe new users can still upload images but they're hosted on an external site instead of embedded into the thread.

There should be a little chain link symbol icon above the message box which will generate a URL in the body of the comment.

I can definitely add links (URL's) to the posts, but I was able to add the image directly before.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Are you using the camera icon?

redchiz1
Champion 2

And @Karl-F while you're at it, how long/what rank do you have to be here before you can upload your own avatar? Trivial I know, but I really want to! 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

from the information just read from the link that @schnapps provided above , you should be able to upload your own forum avatar at the rank of 'regular1' you surpassed this rank a long time ago, so you should be able to upload your own avatar. You should be able to do so by going to this link

My settings - NOW Community (nowtv.com)

If you can't then something is clearly a bit broken and @Karl-F may need to have a look

The information in the link that @schnapps above was created by Tom-r one of the old community managers who is no longer around, but unless there has been a significant change to forum permissions. It should still be valid and official information

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.