cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayach
Elite 3

Posting images on the forum

Due to a problem I had on the forum, I've started again from a new user. I know the forum rankings are:

First Poster
Occasional Poster
Contributor 1-5
Regular 1-5
Helper 1-5
Advocate 1-5
Scholar 1-5
Mentor 1-5
Expert 1-5
Elite 1-5
Champion 1-5
Legend 1-5

But does anyone know the level/criteria to be able to post images?

24 REPLIES 24
redchiz1
Champion 2

@commanda6 No I can't, just the NOW selection, that is where I have looked, obviously.

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

@commanda6 No I can't, just the NOW selection, that is where I have looked, obviously.

Are you able to upload pictures?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Yes . 🙂

Cq_IUU2WEAA8Ik3.jpeg

Jayach
Elite 3

Waking this thread as I'm still unable to post images.

I've PM'd a couple of Community Managers but had no replies.

Anyone know a way of contacting the forum administrators?

redchiz1
Champion 2

When composing a reply, click on the camera icon above and take it from there.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 13.54.43.png

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

When composing a reply, click on the camera icon above and take it from there.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 13.54.43.png

When I click on the camera I get:

https://picshack.net/ib/JmmGArlpM5

What do I do with that?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hmm, pass, sorry, no idea what's going on there I'm afraid.

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

Hmm, pass, sorry, no idea what's going on there I'm afraid.

Neither do I, that's why I started this thread.

If I try to paste an image to the post I get:

https://picshack.net/ib/psFcsOBssP

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

I tap the Camera icon in the row of images below Body when composing a posting on this iPad, and I get:-

D3631172-664E-45D4-8796-32DA3483B59B.png
where I tap ‘Add more images’, get taken to ‘Photo Library’/‘Take Photo or Video’/‘Choose File’, where I pick up the screenshot I took earlier, as above, and paste it in.

This may work slightly differently on an Android device or a laptop, but the general principles are the same.

(The process I followed to get a photo of the screenshot and paste it here all makes sense only if you don’t think about it too much).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Thank @RoyB , that is how it used to work when I was on my previous User (JohnH1, but I deleted that when I decided I preferred this name)

If I had known that for some reason this user wouldn't be allowed to post images, I would not have deleted the previous one.

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach 

(The process I followed to get a photo of the screenshot and paste it here all makes sense only if you don’t think about it too much).

When it was working the easiest way to post a screenshot  (if you are on Windows) was to use the Windows snipping tool - Press Windows logo key Shift S. This puts it straight into the clipboard, and if you don't need to edit it just paste it straight into the reply - ctrl + v. If you do need to edit it you can use the built in options of the snipping tool, or your own favourite editor, then snip it again and paste. No need for an intermediate picture to exist.