cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Possible Future Super Heroes Crossover for Next Year/Season

Dear Forum Members

I have heard a couple of Internet rumours that might peak your interests.

Rumour 1)  Supergirl/Smallville crossover.

Supergirl goes looking for the Flash but gets stuck in Smallville where she will meet the original supergirl and some of the co-stars of that show, but not Superman or Superboy.

Rumour 2) Supergirl/Power Girl crossover.

Again Supergirl goes looking for the Flash but ends up on another earth where she meets Power Girl, an alternative supergirl with a similar back story. However, in the comics Power Girl has a couple of origins, one being where she is a clone of supergirl or the other where she is from an alternative universe.

The main differences between the two super heroines is that Power Girl is older, more level headed, i.e. mature, and yet more aggressive.

At the moment these are just rumours but, just like the Flash-Supergirl crossover, I'm reasonably sure the makers of Supergirl and the Flash are going to make something happern.

UK Bob

21 REPLIES 21
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Yes Andy he did.

But I did not watch the episode myself.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

C6

If you are right and Michael Rosenbaum is coming back as Lex Luther then I am more-than-eager to see mini-Smallville.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Interesting ... so presumably it will be a Superman TV show rather than a Smallville one? Unless it's going backwards. Still, might mean people like me who never watched can just tune in and watch a Superman show instead ... wonder if they will still call it Smallville tho? 

Look what's happened .. you've piqued my interest now! 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I wonder if we will see Clark's face in Supergirl. I'd love it if Henry Cavill was secretly playing him 😉 😄

Whilst we are on the subject, Cavill announced he is training for Justice League part 1! 😄

Only about 16 months to watch it unless they delay it again 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Hi Andy

You asked: "wonder if they will still call it Smallville tho?" More than likely, 'coz there's probably some sort of copyright rule like, WB owns the the name "Superman" and CW owns "Smallville".

Hi CB

You know that the movie and TV worlds like to stay separated from each other, i.e. never the twain shall meet.

(Twain = v. old fashioned word, not quite sure what in means   but it sounds good)

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy According to Google it means 'two'. So in DC's case, movies and shows are split into two separate universes. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
mark_suff
Expert

@caseyb1993 @ukbobboy @Andy @commanda6 Looks like Supergirl has been renewed for Season 2 video from Melissa Benoist here:

http://www.themarysue.com/melissa-benoist-talks-supergirl-season-2/

Never even heard of this site before, but I guess if anyone knows about Season 2 it's her.

P.S. NO season 1 spoilers in video.

Mark.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff Don't think it's been officially announced yet, that's probably the usual how would you like to see your character progress interview, but apparently season one has just finished with a massive cliffhanger which suggests it's only a matter of time now.

But who needs official confirmation ... Let's celebrate now!

image.jpeg

mark_suff
Expert

@Andy  Agreed who needs official confirmation, plus she looked pretty damn happy in that video, so pretty sure it's happening. Just need to keep away from her Twitter, it does contain spoliers. Reading various things but trying to keep away from spoliers, it did finish with massive cliffhanger.  

Mark.

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff @Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Mark

Unfortunately, that video clip is not confirmation that season 2 of Supergirl has been given the go ahead.

You see, it would not be the first time a US TV series was led to believe it was coming back for a next season only to be cancelled at the last minute.  For example, this happened to "My Name is Earl", "Back to You" and many others I can't think of at the moment.

So cross fingers, and hope that Supergirl is back later in the year.

UK Bob