cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Porting tel number to new address

Hi all, sure this will have been covered but cannot find info I need, and need your help please. 

I currently have broadband and phone, and am moving house in 3 weeks. Having called NOW to ask how much notice they need to move me over to the new property, I was told I could Not keep my landline number and I would allocated a new number. Is this correct?? I was under the impression that numbers could be ported and as I am in the same exchange cannot understand why.  Any advice or information would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to stay with NOW as part of your move to the new property?

If I were you I’d call the team again and hopefully you’ll get a better answer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to stay with NOW as part of your move to the new property?

If I were you I’d call the team again and hopefully you’ll get a better answer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi gavs82008,

Thanks for your reply.   I could stay with NOW for my move to the new property, yes, however they have said to move to the new property i will  need to have a new telephone number, why, god only knows.  Everything else is the same, the same package, etc, just moving three streets away, so its the same exchange, but everyone knows my tel. no, and on top of moving and notifying of change of address, to change tel. nos as well, doesnt bear thinking about.   I will do as you say and try the team again, to see if the info I got today is in fact correct.