cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor NowTV support for PC users and now I find I can't get the NowTV app to work with the Oculus CV1

NowTV video doesn't now work in any of the current PC web browsers, so we have to use the awful NowTV app. Now I just found the NowTV app doesn't seem to work with the current version of the Oculus Rift virtual screen apps. I thought Sky VR was supposed to be pushing in this area as well? Someone at Sky needs to look into the flakey PC software support its been like this for quite sometime now.

5 REPLIES 5
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User Now TV still works in Firefox (x64) if you add the User Agent Overrider add-on and change to Windows/Firefox 32 bit.  Also ensure you have Silverlight.   It also works with IE 11.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll look into the Firefox suggestion. I'm always a little wary using older browsers and add ons since they can have security flaws which can be exploited by hackers. MS Explorer has always been a favourite target. 

mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User Only just seen this post,Now TV app , works well, at least for me. What problems are you having with it.

Mark.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV App works OK although its not as easy to find films and series as in the web  browser version which is also not great. Also  I cant remember if you can check you account details with the app I always have to open the NowTV browser. The main problem I had recently  was I wanted to view a film on an Oculus virtual large screen and it wouldn't work. There is a cool program called Big Screen on the Oculus Rift CV1 which works fine with all the browser streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon etc but it doesn't work with the NowTV App. I've never liked the NowTV App. But its rediculous, their site says NowTV works with most browsers except Chrome but it doesn't. Has no one at NowTV checked they must get this complaint all the time?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I'm pretty tired of all this DRM stuff. I can't use an HDMI adapter to play from my iPad on my TV and I can't watch Now TV on oculus either. I can kind of understand it with the Oculus but not with an HDMI adapter from my iPad, how is that different from connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv which works fine?

Perhaps we could have an Oculus app?