cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pluto App not working

When i click on Pluto App nothing is found.  This app was working 1 minute and literally a couple of minutes later, was not working when i clicked on it again.  I have updated my system as suggested.  I have also removed this app and downloaded again from app store.  For information, i use a NowTV stick.

8 REPLIES 8
nowswaish
Scholar 3

It seems not to be working on my Roku stick. Starts to load then drops back to the app selection screen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Pluto App has been hit & miss for me also over the last two or three weeks since they had a UI refresh on the App.

Sometimes i can access the Pluto App, then other times no luck 😠.

There seems to be a few threads over on the Roku Community Forum in the USA about problems with the latest Roku firmware rollout and the Pluto App.

Here's one example below.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Pluto-TV/td-p/565166 

Once i access the Pluto App the new UI layout is a big improvement over the previous version, plus the PQ quality and Content is getting better IMO (though i am getting judder on camera panning shots when watching movies).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Pluto TV App is now working again for me 😊.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not working for me on Now TV stick. Starts to open but then closes itself down. Uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. No longer works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pluto TV hasn’t worked on my black box for at least a couple of weeks, it seems to start showing the new logo but fades back to My Apps. Even though it does have the new Pluto TV logo I have never seen the fabled new UI just rows and rows of channels as was when it first appeared on NowTV. I see it’s now up to 101 channels so if too many channels is the problem for older devices then I may as well just chuck it. Wonder how many channels the newest box and stick will be able to handle. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update

I uninstalled the app, did a system restart, then install the app and it not only works but I’ve got the new UI, so as suggested there must have been some old code that wasn’t gotten rid of when the new version just updated on top of the old one. Anybody who hasn’t tried this, give it a go it might work for you too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I was having the same issue on my 4K box, the app just quits unexpectedly. Glad to hear it's working for you, perhaps I should also do the same job of removing the app and re-installing it again?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's worth a try. 👍

Also check to see if your device has a new system update.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂