cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help

I’m at a loss as what to do next....I was supposed to go live on 18 June but still am without internet today. I’ve called daily, made a formal complaint, tired to cancel and start again with a new provider - but that has been rejected as NowTV won’t let me cancel. I’m promised a call back everyday to update me but no one calls. It’s simply an impossible situation that is causing me a lot of stress. I’m a person who is shielding also and to have no internet for over 2 weeks is simply appalling. Please can someone help me get it sorted 😢

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Harvey

If I were you I would go ahead and contact a new ISP to supply your phone and Internet services, the new company will cancel your Now TV line on your behalf. Besides, Now TV can't hold you hostage, that is illegal and if they try to charge you for your period of non-use you will be able to sue them.

I also believe you can report them to OFCOM, for not supplying you the service you contracted for, and I think you maybe entitled to £5.00 per day, from Now TV, for everyday past your start date you have gone without service.

So Harvey, you're not without options.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I have tried placing an order with another Provider but my order got rejected because NowTV refused to allow me to cancel. I am literally held hostage. 

They’ve also told me I’m not entitled to compensation. This seems to be against what OfCom say on their website and I’ve lodged a complaint with them but they can’t help to resolve the situation.

The service is absolutely appalling. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Harvey

I'm not a legal expert but I believe you can take out a small claims suit against Now TV and, as such, let the legal system decide whether or not you are entitled to compensation.

However, before doing anything, make sure you have your documents, narrative and anything else you have sorted in a coherent and logical manner to present to the presiding court authority.

You're not a prisoner or hostage, so go out and get your Justice.

UK Bob